THIS JUST IN
- Hometown Cable Companies Set To Party Hard in Super Bowl City. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/28/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p32
The article presents information on the Super Bowl XLVII event that will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana on February 3, 2013 in which several cable companies of the U.S. will be present which include Cox Communications Inc., CBS Broadcasting Inc., and ESPN.
- Fine Living, G4 Make MSO Inroads. Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the carriage deals of cable television networks Fine living and G4 with major Multisystem Operators Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. Increase in the subscribers list of G4 due to the deal; List of programs to be telecasted by Fine living on weekdays.
- Ops Extend Brand to Stores, Kiosks. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p14A
Reports on cable television operators' use of outlets to sell digital cable, high-speed Internet access and other wares in the United States. Branded stores operated by Cox Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp.; Small-kiosk approach of Comcast Corp.
- Tru2way Missed But Not Forgotten. Hardesty, Linda // Communications Technology;Aug2009, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the continued effort of the multiple system operators (MSOs) that had signed to have 10% of their digital cable system for tru2way by July 1, 2009 but has missed out their deadline. According to Steve Necessary of Cox Communications Inc., they will be using tru2way and...
- Martin's 70/70 Plan 'Untenable' // Multichannel News;11/19/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p39
An excerpt from a research note about the 70/70 rule of the Cable Communication Act of 1984, published by Craig Moffett, is presented.
- TIME WARNER CABLE DROPS FEARNET. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p12
The article reports that Time Warner Cablez has dropped Fearnet, the horror and thriller video on demand (VOD) channel. The said cable channel was also removed from the line up of cable operator Brighthouse. On the other hand, Fearnet can be watched on Comcast, Cox Communications, Insight and...
- 2009 Annual Mark Awards. // Multichannel News;11/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p10a
The article announces the 2009 Annual Awards given in various categories including Latino Triple-Play Campaign, of Comcast in the Acquisition and Upgrade Marketing category, Easy Street, of Bright House Networks in the Brand Image and Positioning section and Competitive Response Campaign of Cox...
- Hush-hush Project Canoe to start with $150M pot. // CED;Apr2008, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that six companies which have been identified as members of the cable industry's advertising program Project Canoe, are said to have agreed to a give $150 million to fund development. The companies include Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable (TWC), Cablevision, Cox...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...