THROUGH THE WIRE
- Martin to NCTA: Not your enemy. Nordyke, Kimberly; Associated Press // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 24, p4
The article presents information related to the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's conference which was held in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 7-9, 2007. The conference was attended by several persons including FCC chairman Kevin Martin, Time Warner Cable president and CEO Glenn Britt...
- NCTA Board Re-Elects Leaders. // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p12
Presents a list of the board of directors elected at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in May 2004. Glenn Britt of Time Warner Cable; Brian Roberts of Comcast Corp.; Michael S. Willner of Insight Communications.
- The Business of Cable. // Communications Technology;Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p12
The article cites the views and thoughts of executives regarding the cable business. Brian Roberts, chairman and chief executive officer of Comcast differentiates cable from others in any business. FCC Chairman Kevin Martin considers cable as a hugely diversified commercial enterprise. Steve...
- Tech valentines from hell. Anderson, Howard // Network World;2/11/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p34
The article presents quotes from Brian Roberts, chief executive officer (CEO) of Comcast, to Kevin Martin, chairman of FCC, on home cable connection; Mark Hurd, HP CEO on the pension of Carly Fiorina, ex-CEO of HP; and the Cisco Users Group to John Chambers, CEO of Cisco, on their high service.
- Friends In Cable Salute Jim Robbins. // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p40
The article presents friends and colleagues' reaction to the passing of Jim Robbins, long-time chief executive officer of U.S.-based cable television company Cox Communications Inc. The reactions featured include those of Glenn Britt of Time Warner Cable and Brian I. Roberts of Comcast Cable...
- Cable CEOs: Not Yet Out Of the Woods. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p2
The article focuses on the condition of the cable television industry in the U.S. as viewed by Brian Roberts, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Comcast Corp., and Time Warner Cable Inc. CEO Glenn Britt. Both CEOs notes the impact of the national financial crisis on the industry's...
- Talking Points: Redlining, Rate Regulation Arguments Working on the Hill. // CableFAX Daily;3/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 54, p1
The article reports on the arguments of the cable industry to a national franchising proposal of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate. Republicans are responding to the industry's rate regulation arguments while Democrats react to criticisms. Among industry executives who expressed their...
- MaxFAXâ€¦. Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;12/19/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 244, p4
The author cites his holiday wishes for several executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. in December 2005. He wants to give Kevin Martin, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, wanted posters in every office of the Postal Service. The author wishes that Comcast CEO...
- FROM THE PIPE. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Considers the views of Brian Roberts, chief executive officer of Comcast, on the communications technology industry. His plans for the company; Position of Roberts on the idea of free-cash flow; Attendance at the 2003 Western Show in Anaheim, California.