PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Mad About TV In Madison, Wis. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the National Conference on Media Reform in Madison, Wisconsin in November 2003. Individuals who attended the conference; Issues discussed at the conference.
- IIC Annual Conference Hong Kong 2008. // Intermedia (0309118X);Winter2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p39
Information about several papers discussed at a symposium sponsored by the Broadcasting Authority and the Office of the Telecommunications Authority on the role of telecommunications is presented. Topics include the trends in global communications and the promotion of media literacy. The...
- DIARY. // New Media Age;7/1/2004, p43
The article lists a calendar of conferences, workshop and other events in the media and telecommunications sectors in Great Britain in July-September 2004.
- DIARY. // New Media Age;11/25/2004, p39
This section presents a list of scheduled conferences on mass media in England and Netherlands from November to December 2004, including the Wireless Enablement Forum.
- Training for Television -- a conference for Trainers. Boxall, Dennis // BKSTS Journal;Sep1984, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p393
The article highlights the Royal Television Society's residential conference "Training for the Television Industry" held on June 22-24, 19984 at the College of Ripon and York Saint John. There is a need to maintain the high standards of television broadcasting in Great Britain. The training need...
- EBU pledges support for media freedom. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/ 7/2012, p9
The article discusses the highlights of a conference on media freedom staged by the European Broadcasting Union (EUB) in Azerbaijan in May 2012. The aim of EBU in conducting the conference was to defuse criticism over its decision to allow that country to host its flagship event, the Eurovision...
- CALENDAR. // MediaWeek;4/24/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p34
This section presents a calendar of events of interest in the U.S. media industry as of April 24, 2006. The National Association of Broadcasters will present the World's Largest Electronic Media Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Nevada with conferences scheduled from April 22-27, 2006...
- Sooner or Later, All of You Will Pay. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/26/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 40, p3
Information on the Broadcasting & Cable/Mutichannel News 2009 OnScreen Media Summit that was held at the Edison Ballroom in New York on October 21, 2009 is presented. The event highlights topics on payment in viewing the online video site and the impact of the deal between cable operator Comcast...
- Calendar. // MediaWeek;10/4/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p34
Presents a list of conferences and symposiums to be held by several organizations involved in the mass media in the U.S. in October 2004. NAB Radio Show of the National Association of Broadcasters at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California; Consumers in Control: The Future of Media...