ANALYST ON PLAYBOY: BUY THE BUNNY
- Playboy swings to profit in 2002. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;2/20/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the financial performance of adult entertainment provider Playboy Enterprises Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2002. Company's return to profitability; Rejuvenation of the company's online and licensing divisions; Playboy's acquisition of 100 percent equity control of its international...
- New Playboy showing financial virility. LaPorte, Nicole // Daily Variety;5/8/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the financial performance of Playboy Enterprises Inc. in the U.S. Amount of net earnings; Cost cutting measures implemented by the company; Profitability of the online products of Playboy.
- PLAYBOY TURNS IT ON Mag sales lead way as 2nd-qtr. revs rise 8%. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/7/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the earnings of Playboy Enterprises Inc. in Chicago, Illinois as of the second quarter of 2003. Rate of increase in total revenues; Impetus to the increased sales in the company's domestic and overseas television networks; Projected increase in the operating income of the company by...
- Online earnings trump print results for Playboy. Mullman, Jeremy // Crain's Chicago Business;5/26/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p27
Playboy Enterprises Inc. is hoping its magazine will follow its Internet unit into the black. A 320,000 dollar profit at Playboy.com accounted for nearly half the company's overall first-quarter net income of 632,000 dollars, or 2 cents per diluted share. Revenues rose 12 percent to 74.3 million...
- Playboy takes off. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;06/07/99, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p3
Looks into the improvement in the stock value of Playboy Enterprises Inc. based in Chicago, Illinois. Oversubscription of a public offering of 2.5 million shares in the spring of 1999; Problems encountered by Playboy in its previous effort to improve its stock value.
- Playboy becomes a sexy buy. Borden, Jeff // Electronic Media;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p26
Focuses on investor interest for the cable technology improvements of Playboy Enterprises Inc. which improved the price of its stocks. Total earnings of the firm in 1998; Prediction of the company's stocks to hit $50 in 18 months.
- PLAYBOY TOUTS STRONG 'CLUB JENNA' DVD SALES. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;11/12/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p12
The article provides an update on the DVD sales performance of Playboy Enterprises. The company has seen a 41% surge in online revenue and increases in DVD sales, specifically from the acquisition of adult film star Jenna Jameson's "Club Jenna" brand, in its third-quarter financials. According...
- Playboy clicks with on-demand fare. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/10/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 7, p16
The article considers the decision of Comcast to air the on-demand service Playboy. Playboy on Demand provides 30 hours of sexually oriented programming every month, as a supplement to Playboy's 24/7 pay television network. According to analyst Robert Routh, the reason the Comcast deal is...
- Ear Trimming. Lefevre, Lori // MediaWeek;8/13/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p26
Reports on the dismissal of employees at Playboy Enterprises after merging its sales and marketing divisions. Executive who will manage the formed unit; Growth in earnings of the company in the second quarter of 2001.