Set-Top Makers Hit CableCard Stretch
- Scientific-Atlanta wins Iridium deal. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;2/7/94, Vol. 226 Issue 6, p10
Reports on Scientific-Atlanta's contract to supply its earth terminal equipment for Motorola's Iridium project. Amount involved in the contract; Number of terminals to be supplied; Schedule for the delivery of the first system control terminals; Features of Motorola's Iridium; Benefits of the...
- Scientific-Atlanta inks set-top deals. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;02/02/98, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p16
Reports on Scientific-Atlanta Inc.'s resumption of its operations as it received contracts to deploy boxes and telecommunication equipments to various cable operators in the United States. Cable operators opting for Scientific-Atlanta's Explorer 2000 set-top; Features of the Explorer set-tops...
- High-flying data. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;06/16/97, Vol. 232 Issue 24, p17
Focuses on Scientific-Atlanta Inc.'s launching of the Skylinx Series 8000, a next generation satellite network system. Characteristics of Skylinx that prompted Scientific Atlanta to launch the system; Built-in functions.
- S-A, Harmonic tout their wares. Levine, Shira // Telephony;05/26/97, Vol. 232 Issue 21, p9
Features the products to be exhibited by Scientific-Atlanta and Harmonic Lightwaves at the 1997 Cable-Tec Expo. Prisma Digital Transport Sonet multiplexer; Multiple element management system.
- Street casts wary eye on equipment segment. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;10/10/95, Vol. 339 Issue 17, p12
Reports on telecommunication equipment segment's anticipation of government reforms regarding deregulation that could mean increase in orders from cablers. Earning report of Scientific-Atlanta; Demand for cable equipment.
- Motorola software minimizes downtime. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;04/27/98, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p14
Features Motorola Inc.'s Split Mode fault-tolerant platform that enables equipment vendors to guarantee that their systems provide 99.999 percent availability. Improved failover capabilities provided for the company's FX Series of fault-tolerant platforms; Capabilities.
- Motorola unveils base station. // RCR;03/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p29
Reports on a base station introduced by Motorola Incorporated's Cellular Infrastructure Group. Benefits of introducing the base station; What the base station supports; Installation of one of the base stations in Israel.
- Motorola has CDMA handset. // RCR;03/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p30
Reports on three MicroTac handsets introduced by Motorola Incorporated's Cellular Subscriber Sector. Features of the handsets; Who the handsets will be distributed to; Details on the Micro Digital M70 telephone introduced by Motorola's Cellular Subscriber Sector.
- Motorola aims to drive message market with car paging apps. Bruno, Antony // RCR;12/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p14
Cites the introduction of CreataLink Control Module, a messaging receiver developed for wireless, wide-area automotive applications, from Motorola Incorporated's FLEX Architecture Solutions Division. Ability of the CreataLink; Information on the device; Comments from Allan Spiro, marketing...