Ohio Op: Keep Fox Limits
- RUPERT PAYS UP. Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p4
Provides information on the amount of premium paid by News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch for DirecTV.
- The curious Murdoch factor. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Broadband;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p22
Discusses the plan of executive Rupert Murdoch of News Corp., to acquire DirecTV, a unit of Hughes Electronics, from General Motors. Rival of Murdoch in the acquisition; Market value of a combined Hughes-News Corp.; Purpose of the combination; Expectations on Murdoch's acquisition. INSET: The...
- Murdoch: 'Frightened' of Triple Play. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p35
The article reports on the reason behind News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch's decision to swap the company's controlling interest in DirecTV for Liberty Media's voting stake in News Corp. According to Murdoch, he feared that satellite company DirecTV would not be able to compete with cable...
- Decision clears way for Rupe to swoop. Amdur, Meredith; Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;10/11/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the desire of News Corp. chief executive officer Rupert Murdoch to acquire satellite broadcaster DirecTV. Financial status of News Corp. enabling it to bid for the acquisition of DirecTV; Impact of the proposed acquisition on the global satellite pay television broadcasting market.
- News Corp. Takes Political Heat. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the opposition faced by Rupert Murdoch of News Corp., on his proposed acquisition of satellite television leader DirectTV. Concern of media companies against Murdoch's policies; Terms and condition of the merger; Impact of the merger on other media companies.
- Murdoch defends DirecTV bid. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/21/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 34, p134
Reports on News Corp. chairman and chief executive officer Rupert Murdoch's defense of the proposed merger between his company's Sky Global Networks business unit and DirecTV Inc. Synergy of the proposed merger; Benefits for the companies' customers.
- Rupe puts best face on DirecTV bid. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;5/9/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 24, p1
Reports that News Corp. chief executive officer Rupert Murdoch defended his deal to acquire control of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Criticisms faced by Murdoch from consumer advocates and small cable companies; Amount of the deal; Effect of the deal on programming prices.
- Rupe swoops in to conquer cable. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;12/24/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 57, p4
Comments on the decision of Rupert Murdoch, chairman of News Corp., to acquire DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Effect of the decision on the customers of News Corp. according to executive director Jeff Chester; Restrictions imposed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to the acquisition deal;...
- Direct Benefit for Murdoch. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;5/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p3
Deals with the planned acquisition of DirecTV by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. Key factor contributing to a favorable government decision in favor of the acquisition; Reason the potential antitrust case of the acquisition would be handled by the U.S. Department of Justice; Testimony of Murdoch on...