- potentiometer. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;10/1/2011, p1
A device that controls the amount of current that flows through a circuit, such as a volume switch on a radio.
- Project reports. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring90, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p148
Presents an abstract of the report `Effectiveness of Medicare Volume and Intensity Controls.'
- volume controller. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2478
A definition of the term "volume controller" is presented, which refers to a buret.
- Controls of Eating. Silverstone, Trevor // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jan1981, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p83
The article reviews the book "Controls of Eating," volume 4, by C. I. Thompson.
- volume controller. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2335
A definition of the term "volume controller" is presented. The term is the synonym of buret.
- Automatic Volume Control for AIR Pollution Control Systems. Hale, Jonathan // Engineered Systems;Oct2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p74
Details the importance of automatic volume control for air pollution control systems. Use of system volume measurements for system control; Cost of motor efficiency; Proper functioning of an air pollution control system.
- What Is "Dead" Volume and Why Should Chromatographers Worry About It? Hinshaw, John V. // LC-GC Europe;Nov2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p616
The article focuses on the effect of dead volume in chromatographic results and offers suggestions for controlling the dead volume. An overview on the international federation International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) contribution in defining the dead volume which is equivalent...
- BE LEVEL-HEADED. Fortner, Stephen // Keyboard;Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p28
Presents ways on how to manage volume controls in recording keyboard music. Functions of faders and gain knobs; Factors to consider regarding volume controls of audio interface, keyboards and musical instrument digital interface volume; Features of soft synthesizers such as its volume control...
- Video fader preserves synchronization. Cox, Frank // EDN;02/15/96 Supplement, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p88
Presents information on a design of a video volume control. Features of this design; Description of how the control operates; Information on the diagram provided.
- Dynamic budgetary control. Allen, David // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec94, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on the dynamic budgetary control in business. Levels of control; Improvement of price/volume relationship; Link between strategy and tactics.