Planet Seeks 'Heroes'
- Philip Wollen OAM -- The Winsome Constance Kindness Trust. // Animals Today;2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
Reports that Philip Wollen was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for his services to humanitarian relief and animal welfare particularly the establishment of the Winsome Constance Kindness Trust which provides financial support and expert advice to active causes. Focus of Wollen's...
- Wild animal welfare awards. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;10/16/2004, Vol. 155 Issue 16, p471
Announces an invitation by the Universities Federation for Animal Welfare for applications for its wild animal welfare award for 2005. Recognition of the award of innovations which are relevant to improving the welfare of captive wild animals; First recipient of the award; Qualifications for...
- Animal Rights: An Evolutionary Perspective. Feder, Kenneth L.; Park, Michael Alan // Humanist;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p5
Examines key issues pertaining to animal rights. Controversies surrounding hunting, trapping and furs, farm conditions and the use of animals for medical experimentation, testing of personal care products and human consumption; Prevalence of animal abuse; Animal rights policies.
- Aren't all veterinarians supposed to be advocates for the animals? Barnato, Teri // Animals Today;May-Jul97, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Features the Association of Veterinarians for Animal Rights (AVAR). Beliefs of AVAR on animal rights; Relationship with the American Veterinary Medical Association; Position of the AVAR on various animal issues in the United States.
- Animal Rights and Wrongs. Medawar, Peter // Sciences;Mar/Apr77, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the animal treatment in Great Britain. Acquisition of statutory rights; Protection of animals; Growth of sentimental literature about animals.
- Animal Science Or Animal Emotionalism? // Beef Expert Blog;8/20/2012, p11
The article discusses the differences between animal welfare and animal rights.
- Questions for the minister. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;6/5/2010, Vol. 166 Issue 23, p706
The article cites the three questions on animal welfare voted by attendees at a session as the most pressing issues they want to ask the British minister.
- It is our obligation to be their voice. Goodwin, Ginnifer // Hill;7/28/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 90, p36
The article reports on the need for people to be obligated in protecting the welfare of animals in the U.S.
- Dog-eat-dog is not literal. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;10/15/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 41, p26
The article discusses the author's experience in his protest on the abuse of animals.