- HBO Tests In-Theater Releases. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the in-theater releases of HBO documentary films in the U.S. Number of documentaries released by HBO and Cinemax every year; Information on the distribution strategy of HBO; Details on the documentary films of HBO.
- CREATESPACE JOINS HBO FOR DOC RELEASES. Chichakly, Lana // Home Media Magazine;6/22/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the partnership between CreateSpace and Home Box Office (HBO). Under the partnership, television documentaries shown on HBO and Cinemax will be offered for sale on HBO.com and Amazon.com. The DVD on Demand service of CreateSpace will be utilized for selling television...
- TIME WARNER CABLE TO BOW HBO, CINEMAX PORTABILITY. Gruenwedel, Erik; Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;12/26/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 52, p6
The article reports that Time Warner Cable (TWC) is set to offer premium movies and television shows from HBO and Cinemax through portable devices.
- NEWS EMMYS LAUD PBS, DOCS. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;9/15/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 51, p2
Highlights the News and Documentary Emmy Awards in Manhattan, New York City. Premiere of the History Channel and HBO's "Cinemax Reel Life"; Number of awards won by American Broadcasting Corp. News; Research award for Amanda.
- Brothels to Bush, docs cover wide span. Saperstein, Pat // Variety;11/4/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 12, pA14
Talks about the documentary films of Home Box Office (HBO) cable television. Perception of Sheila Nevins, executive vice president of original programing at HBO, on the nonfiction programming of the channel; Advantages of being a risk-taker when doing documentary films including the brothels;...
- HBO ASIA TAKES MOVIES TO THE MAX. Osborne, Magz // Variety;3/31/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 7, p28
Reports that HBO Asia has relaunched its Cinemax television channel at the end of March 2003. Reason for the repositioning of Cinemax; Business problems of HBO Asia; Number of Cinemax subscribers.
- Cable pics swamp Writers Guild noms. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;01/12/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 27, p1
Reports that seven cable movies were nominated for best writing in the Writers Guild of America for the year 2000. Nominations received by Showtime, A&E, TNT, Cinemax, CBS, National Broadcasting and HBO; Television programs which received nominations; Domination of the documentary categories by...
- HBO, Cinemax to plex by theme. Dempsey, John // Variety;04/13/98, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p22
Reveals the multiplex strategies of HBO and Cinemax, cable television networks for spreading library of theatrical movies and original movies. Cinemax channels that will be released by June 1998.
- HBO books passage for 'Ferry'. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/5/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 41, p4
The television company HBO Corp. has acquired 'Ferry Tales,' a documentary film that goes behind doors of women's bathroom on Staten Island Ferry in New York. Created by independent filmmaker Katja Esson 'Ferry' is expected to air on HBO or sister cable channel Cinemax in 2005. Like other...
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT HBO'S PROGRAMMING CABINET. ROSE, LACEY; SANDBERG, BRYN ELISE // Hollywood Reporter;6/26/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 21, p56
The article presents the HBO programming team. It discusses each team's approach to programming headed by Casey Bloys, executive vice president for comedy, Michael Ellenberg, executive vice president for drama, Sheila Nevins, President HBO Documentary Films. It also mentions approaches of teams...