- Critics Sample Cable's Newest Fare. Moss, Linda; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p2
The article discusses the Television Critics Association (TCA) summer tour on the newest cable programming. The TCA tour was an opportunity for pay and basic cable networks to show to the press their original scripted programming. Cable's newest programming includes A&E Network's "The Cleaner,"...
- Minorities Missing from Fall Shows. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p22
The article reports on the announcement of the return of the scripted police drama "Lincoln Heights" by the Walt Disney Co. during the Television Critics Association (TCA) Press Tour. It states that the series is the only scripted show which features African-American cast. According to Lincoln...
- A WORD IN YOUR EAR. Ross, Bernadette // Interpretation Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses ways on writing scripts for audio and audio visuals. It mentions that writing scripts has two main types which are the linear tour and the random access tour. Linear tours build a narrative arc or an argument while random access tour develops digital audio technologies....
- MTV stays home. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p4
Reports the return of the Television Critics Association (TCA) tour to Pasadena in California. Demands of TCA from cable networks; Failure of MTV Network to comply with the TCA requirements; Issue regarding the presence of MTV Network in New York.
- Feeding at the TV trough. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;07/20/98, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p3
Reports on Television Critics Association (TCA) members' scheduled vote on a proposal to establish professional standards for attendees at TCA press tours. Excerpts from a statement sent to TCA members regarding the issue; Networks' efforts to streamline press tours.
- Critics Press Networks On Fall Slate Diversity. Holloway, Daniel // Broadcasting & Cable;7/28/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 27, p25
The article reports that the July 2014 Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour focused on the issue of ethnic diversity in U.S. television (TV) shows. Topics explored include the statement issued by chief executive officer (CEO) Leslie Moonves of mass media corporation CBS Corp....
- TCA press tour high on 'Downton' // Daily Variety;7/23/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour with assembly of "Downton Abbey" team on the opening day at the Beverly Hilton.
- QUICK TAKES. Broad, Julie // Electronic Media;7/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p9
Presents the views of television critics on their favorite TCA Press Tour. Sid Caesar's acceptance speech at the TCA Awards; Television critics' ogling of Britney Spears' micro-dress.
- QUICKTAKES. Robbins, Stephanie // Television Week;12/10/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p7
The article explores different views on the cancellation of the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour. Steve Beverly, professor of broadcasting at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee, describes the cancellation of the TCA tour as a knee-jerk reaction to save money. Gary Lico,...
- Meg and Chloe's World Tour. Hamlett, Christina // Plays - The Drama Magazine for Young People;Oct2009, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the script of the play "Meg and Chloe's World Tour," by Christina Hamlett.