Fine Living Gets Helpful
- Focused CW talks up 'TV to talk about'. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;5/22/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 46, p8
The article focuses on the CW Television Network, which is offering a strictly targeted television program schedule for the fall 2009 season. The network has rolled out a 10-hour schedule that includes eight scripted dramas and no comedies. CW's entertainment president Dawn Ostroff says that the...
- Noticeable cracks in local armor. De Pablos, Emiliano // Variety;10/1/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 7, pA16
The article focuses on the television broadcasting industry in Spain. The article reports that while local Spanish television programs traditionally garner high ratings, many American shows, such as "CSI: Miami," led the 2006-2007 drama ratings in Spain. According to the article, although...
- Nielsen primetime ratings report. // Daily Variety;2/16/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 33, p19
Several charts are presented including the U.S. primetime ratings, the top television programs for audience 18-49 years of age, and the weekly network rankings from February 7-13, 2011.
- CW auds hot for 'Gossip' Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/3/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the return of CW's television programs "Gossip Girl" and "One Tree Hill." It presents the ratings of the dramas which is highly patronized by great numbers of adults. It notes that the shows were the night's top-ranked among adults ages 18-34 in top-10 markets including...
- Fact: Fiction recovers. Newbery, Charles // Variety;10/1/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 7, pA18
The article focuses on the television broadcasting industry in Argentina. The article reports that the reality television program "Big Brother" was very popular in the country in 2007, which forced "fiction" television shows out of the primetime lineups. However, the article claims that "Big...
- Day for night. Medhurst, Andy // Sight & Sound;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the growth of lifestyle format television programs in the 1990s. Factors attributed to the popularity of lifestyle programs; Role of lifestyle shows on changes in the daytime scheduling; Factors attributed to the popularity of the show `Changing Room.'
- CHECK CABLE'S REALITY UNSCRIPTED LIFESTYLE SHOWS FILLING SCHEDULES. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p1
Reports on broadcasting of reality television programs in the U.S. Display of scripted shows on television; Focus on lifestyle aspects in various reality television programs; Premiers of reality television shows by Lifetime Television; Efforts taken by broadcast networks to compete with cable...
- Playboy tears page from Gore playbook. Dempsey, John // Variety;10/22/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on changes in the prime-time lineup of television programs at Playboy TV, switching to short-format shows much like the lineup at Current, a network co-owned by former U.S. vice president and environmental activist Al Gore. The short features at Playboy TV include news...
- 5 THINGS TO WATCH THIS WEEK. Gliatto, Tom // People;3/14/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p41
The article lists five television shows to watch during the week of March 6, 2011, which includes American Broadcasting Co.'s (ABC's) "Secret Millionaire" on March 6, LifetimeTelevision's "Army Wives" on March 6, and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.'s (NBC's) "The Event" on March 7.