- TV wiping windows. LOWRY, BRIAN // Variety;12/10/2012, Vol. 429 Issue 5, p2
The author offers opinions on television broadcasting. It is stated that the practice of broadcasting companies to introduce programs at staggered intervals in different countries is unfair to television viewers and contrary to the broadcasting networks' own interests, as many viewers will seek...
- Biarritz flaunts its dark heart. Hopewell, John; Keslassy, Elsa // Variety;9/14/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 5, p16
The article examines Biarritz Rendez-Vous, a television broadcasting conference and sales presentation for television programs held September 7-11, 2009 in Biarritz, France. Producers of French television programs attend the conference to seek distribution agreements with foreign broadcasters....
- Czech casters find that H'w'd has lost its glitter. Meils, Cathy // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM22
Reports on the search of Czech programmers for the mid-sized locally made hits that keep viewers tuning in. Reason for the move; Details on the three broadcasters that are staking out their separate target audiences.
- Pubcaster RTVE leads Spanish team. // Variety;1/31/94, Vol. 353 Issue 13, p32
Reports on Spanish RTVE's sales team heading to Monte Carlo for marketing Spanish television programs. David Nogueira as head of RTVE's sales team; Tele Cinco sharing space with Berlusconi group; Tele Cinco team includes executive Valerio Lazarov, purchase vice president Antonio Pozueco and...
- Discop '98 hungry for U.S. programs. Nadler, John; Meils, Cathy // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on price commanded by United States (US) program sellers at Discop '98 in Hungary. Details on the prices of US television programs; Comment from Patrick Jucaud of Discop '98; Deals offered by US sellers.
- Euro buyers seek out quality programming. Boehm, Erich // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the emphasis on quality programming of European buyers in the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows. Comments from European buyers; Trends in British television production; Production budget at Channel 4; Implication of the maturation of television channels.
- Latin buyers prepare for program shopping spree. Sutter, Mary // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p44
Looks at the significance of the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows, as a TV market for Latin America. Information on Multivision, a Mexican cabler to attend the 1998 event; Comments from Ignacio Duran of TV Azteca; Other benefits of the L.A. Screenings; Changes in Columbia's...
- Deals bop at Discop East. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/28/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 60, p4
The article reports on the closure of NATPE's 18th Discop East, the Central and Eastern Europe's premier television programming market.
- Africa eyes local fare, but novelas welcome. Vourlias, Christopher // Variety;2/28/2011, Vol. 422 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on Discop Africa, a television broadcasting and television program production finance congress and sales presentation in Africa, discussing the popularity of Latin American soap operas known as telenovelas in Africa. African television producers discuss the difficulties in...