THE END OF THE UPFRONT AS WE KNOW IT
- TV wiping windows. LOWRY, BRIAN // Variety;12/10/2012, Vol. 429 Issue 5, p2
The author offers opinions on television broadcasting. It is stated that the practice of broadcasting companies to introduce programs at staggered intervals in different countries is unfair to television viewers and contrary to the broadcasting networks' own interests, as many viewers will seek...
- SPOTLIGHT. // Multichannel News;4/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p21
The article reports on upfront presentations launched by television programmers in the U.S. as of April 16, 2007. Oxygen held a large-scale presentation on January 23 at New York's Cipriani. Turner Entertainment held the "Brand and Program Summit" on March 13 at New York's Museum of Modern Art....
- Czech casters find that H'w'd has lost its glitter. Meils, Cathy // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM22
Reports on the search of Czech programmers for the mid-sized locally made hits that keep viewers tuning in. Reason for the move; Details on the three broadcasters that are staking out their separate target audiences.
- Pubcaster RTVE leads Spanish team. // Variety;1/31/94, Vol. 353 Issue 13, p32
Reports on Spanish RTVE's sales team heading to Monte Carlo for marketing Spanish television programs. David Nogueira as head of RTVE's sales team; Tele Cinco sharing space with Berlusconi group; Tele Cinco team includes executive Valerio Lazarov, purchase vice president Antonio Pozueco and...
- Discop '98 hungry for U.S. programs. Nadler, John; Meils, Cathy // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on price commanded by United States (US) program sellers at Discop '98 in Hungary. Details on the prices of US television programs; Comment from Patrick Jucaud of Discop '98; Deals offered by US sellers.
- Euro buyers seek out quality programming. Boehm, Erich // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the emphasis on quality programming of European buyers in the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows. Comments from European buyers; Trends in British television production; Production budget at Channel 4; Implication of the maturation of television channels.
- Latin buyers prepare for program shopping spree. Sutter, Mary // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p44
Looks at the significance of the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows, as a TV market for Latin America. Information on Multivision, a Mexican cabler to attend the 1998 event; Comments from Ignacio Duran of TV Azteca; Other benefits of the L.A. Screenings; Changes in Columbia's...
- Deals bop at Discop East. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/28/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 60, p4
The article reports on the closure of NATPE's 18th Discop East, the Central and Eastern Europe's premier television programming market.
- Going Coastal. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/15/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 39, pS-1
Reports on the holding of the Monte Carlo Television Festival and Market slated February 17-23, 2000. Factors credited for the success factors of the market; Sale of Eastern European television programs; Purchase of programs from German companies which have taken the rights for all German...