Charter Sues Law Firm in 2000 Deal
- Cablevision looks to the West. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;6/15/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has agreed to acquire Bresnan Communications Inc., a privately held cable operator, in a deal valued at 1.36 billion dollars.
- Charter uncoils another acquisition. // High Yield Report;07/05/99, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p3
Reports on cable communications firm Charter Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Bresnan Communications. Terms of the agreement; Impact on bondholders; Impact on small cable operators.
- Lawyers Expound on Deal Developments. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Predicts the legal issues involving international merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in 2000. Business opportunity for law firms; Buyout groups represented by Milbank, Tweed, Hadley, McCloy in their acquisition of Buhrmann NV preferred stock; M&A activities represented by Cleary Gottlieb...
- Indianapolis Law Firms Merge to Create Bingham McHale. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on merger between Indianapolis, Indiana-based law firms of Bingham Summers Welsh & Spilman and McHale Cook & Welch. Market status of the law firms after merger; Company background of both the law firms.
- More Megafirms in the new millennium. Dupin // Business News New Jersey;01/04/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the consolidation of large law firms in New Jersey. Increase of demand for the services of specialty companies; Strategy of the law firms for competition.
- Big Shifts Alter Law Landscape. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;8/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the changes faced by the law firms in Orange County, California. Factors contributing to the changes in the sector; Consolidations in the sector; List of changes in the law firms in the county.
- Elyria law firm consolidates. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
Reports the consolidation of the operations of Elyria law firm of Baumgartner & O'Toole Co. LPA in Ohio.
- Mid-tier law firms ride merger wave. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p4
Reports trends in the consolidation of law firms in Chicago, Illinois. Significance of mergers on survival of firms; Views of Piper Marbury co-chairman Lee I. Miller on the trend; Opinion of corporate turnaround specialist William A. Brandt Jr. on consolidation.
- Mergers lower bar for small law firms. Goff, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;9/2/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p7
Reports the business advantage from the merger of small law firms in New York. Ability to compete with large law firms; Offering of quality service at low cost; Personal attention on the clients.