Millennium's Bid Catches the Wrong Wave
- Court Reprieve Lifts BSP Spirits. // India Today;11/19/2012, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court in India to dismiss a petition that sought criminal proceedings against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Mayawati. The court's decision was made on November 5, 2012. Mayawati is expected to launch an aggressive...
- HX drops suit against Berggren. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;4/24/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on the decision by HX, parent company of the "New England Blade," to file a dismissal of its suit against the paper's former associate publisher, Bill Berggren who it sued using the "Blade's" advertising sales database to solicit advertisements for his own GLBT magazine,...
- Recent Privacy Cases Deal with Diverse Issues. McLean, Deckle // Journalism Quarterly;Summer86, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p374
Focuses on the privacy cases with diverse issues in the U.S. Court decision of the public disclosure privacy invasion claims; Affirmation of the dismissal of a suit in Montesano versus Donrey in 1983; Application of Gertz rules in false light privacy invasion cases; Discovery of a legitimate...
- VOTE dismissed. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;1/1/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the decision of the New York Supreme Court to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Voices of the Everyday People (VOTE People) to overturn the city's rezoning of 125th Street from river to river. The suit began when VOTE People and several other plaintiffs sued the city to stop the...
- Bid for jury trial is lost again as court denies Barracks appeal. Trollope, Paul // Body Politic;Oct80, Issue 67, p11
Reports on the dismissal of an appeal by the 5 men accused of keeping The Barracks as a common bawdy house by the Ontario Court of Appeal in 1980. Justification for the dismissal of the appeal; Contentions in which the appeal was based; Views on the dismissal of the appeal.
- NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL. // State Court Forms (North Carolina);Jul2012, p1
A form showing a notice for voluntary dismissal from the General Court of Justice in North Carolina is presented. The information required includes the name of plaintiff, name of defendant, and location.
- Ohio Ruling Leads to Dismissal of Asbestos Suits. WIECZOREK, DAVE // InsideCounsel;Jan2009, Vol. 20 Issue 205, p73
The article focuses on the decision held by the Ohio Supreme Court regarding the case Ackison versus Anchor Packing Co., which leads to the dismissal of over 31,000 asbestos suits. It notes that House Bill 292, a legislation imposing new requirements on plaintiffs pursuing asbestos-related...
- Challenges to church plan exemptions move forward. // Pensions & Investments;4/14/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p30
The article focuses on two court decisions regarding church plan exemptions including dismissal of motion by Saint Peter's Healthcare System by a U.S. District Court in New Jersey on March 31, 2014 and refusal to grant a motion to dismiss case against Catholic Health East on March 28, 2014.
- Judge tosses RIAA suit. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;4/24/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the dismissal of an illegal music downloading lawsuit against a 14-year-old girl by federal judge after recording industry plaintiffs ignored a court order in Michigan. The U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Michigan order plaintiff, represented by the...