Cable Executives Learning by Lecturing
- What's Keeping Cable Network Execs Up at Night. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;3/30/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 13, p12
The article discusses the current situation of cable and cable executives. According to the author, executives should maintain their performance even though the advertising industry suffered a deflation of their operations. Despite the economic slowdown, cable networks continue to succeed due to...
- The 'TV Junkie' Martinez, Laura // Multichannel News;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, special section p4
The article profiles Alina FalcÃ³n, executive vice president and operating manager of Univision Television Network. It presents her promotion to lead Telefutura from a long string of promotion through displaying strong managerial skills. It also explores her decisions in certain television...
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- Meet Her in St. Louis. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, special section p16
The article profiles Patty McCaskill, senior vice president of programming in Suddenlink Communications, who is responsible for managing the multi-system operator's (MSO) relationships with television stations and cable networks. Charter Communications hired her in 1993 because they needed her...
- CABLE IS KING FOR NBC U. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;6/15/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 53, p18
The article reports on the statement of NBC Universal chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Zucker on their solution for lower ratings in the U.S. Zucker said that upfront advertising sales would be flat as the industry shifts to Live Plus Three commercial ratings as the basis for advertising...
- The B&C 2011 Next Wave Of Leaders. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 26, p10
The article profiles executives in the U.S. television broadcasting and cable industry in 2011. Jonathan Bingaman, senior vice president (VP) of cable sales at CBS Television Distribution, says he loves the competitiveness of his job. Scott Collins, executive VP of national advertising sales at...