GSN Refresher Course
- Vote for your top TV ads and ITV shows. // Marketing (00253650);8/17/2005, p12
The article presents a list of classic television advertisements and shows that are a timely reminder of the range and high quality of ITV programming over the past 50 years. There are soaps, game shows, dramas and documentaries. Readers are requested to award the "Marketers' Choice" of...
- Filling schedules. Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;06/11/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p34
Reports the development of syndicated television programs to fill the batch of open time slots in television broadcasting in the United States. Contention of high-profile game shows for the time slots; Implication of the development of TV programs for the advertising market; List of...
- The beat goes on. Berman, Marc // Adweek New England Edition;5/27/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 22, pSR4
Reports the performance of broadcast network programmers during summer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Emergence of reality and game shows; Use of original programming; Increase in the viewing levels.
- GAME SHOW OFFERS TRICKS AND TREATS. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p48
Reports on the return of celebrity Elvira to Game Show Network to host its Halloween programming in October 2002. Features of the television program 'Hollywood Scares'; Information on Halloween-themed installments of Game Show originals 'Whammy, Friend or Foe?' and 'Russian Roulette.' .
- Mexico's back in the game. Moore, Leslie // Electronic Media;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p8
Focuses on the revival of home-grown game shows in Mexico. Eclectic program offerings; Reliance on the style and technique of United States game shows.
- Hong Kong. Chung, Winnie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/2/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 14, pS-36
Reports on the popularity of game shows in Hong Kong, China. Development of local versions of 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' and 'Weakest Link'; Average viewers of the shows; Domination of Hong Kong's television market by Chinese programming. INSET: BUYER PROFILE..
- NTV's 'Millionaire' gamer jumps to ORT. Birchenough, Tom // Daily Variety;02/12/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 51, p14
Reports the transfer of television game show 'O Schastlivchik!' from the television channel NTV to Channel 1 ORT in Moscow, Russia. Tension between the two stations; Notion of host Dmitry Dibrov; Factor influencing the transfer.
- IPA chief says TV needs to 'appeal to the boardroom' Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;6/30/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p16
Focuses on the issue about television advertising discussed at the Thinkbox Experience event in Great Britain. Difficulty to show the benefit of advertising in a mature market; Contribution of the fame of a brand in increasing market share; Influence of television on brand fame; Consideration of...
- AN OVERHAUL IS AFOOT FOR GAME SHOW. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the move of Game Show Network to reposition its interactive gaming and reality-based platform. Preparation for the debut of an interactive television-base digital channel; Changes in the name and logo of the network; Resignation of Bob Boden as senior vice president of programming.