Comcast Deal Fans Plans for a Web Guide
- Comcast buys into Web ticket thicket. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;4/12/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Comcast Cable Communications Inc. is planning to acquire Internet ticketing provider Fandango Inc. The acquisition is part of Comcast's strategy to launch a new entertainment portal in the summer 2007. The company, however, has not disclosed the financial details of the...
- Fandango, UCS ticketed for Buy.com partnership. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/17/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 11, p6
Reports on a strategic marketing alliance between online movie ticket company Fandango Inc. and television commerce technologies company United Commerce Service Inc. that will create a co-branded Buy.Com store. Provisions given to the Fandango customers; Possible consequences of the partnership;...
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // eWeek;12/19/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p8
The article presents news briefs related to business. The Microsoft Corp. is working with eBay Corp. to investigate how an auction attracted the notice of security researchers and received a bid of more than $50 before the auction site pulled it, that was put for sale by an eBay member named...
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/93, Vol. 123 Issue 32, p50
Reports on Comcast Communications' plans to offer a video-news-on-demand service to New Jersey outlets. 1993 gubernatorial race as first coverage; `New Jersey Election Channel' as joint venture with other companies; Availability to editors and producers of video text information on the...
- Comcast offers `time shift' cable. // Electronic Media;06/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p28
Reports that Comcast Cable Communications will roll out Your Choice TV to subscribers of its digital television service in Orange County, California.
- Big deal. Warner, Bernhard // MediaWeek;01/13/97, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p44
Reports on Comcast Cable Communications' first corporate branding campaign. Agency; Budget; Campaign description.
- It's not TV â€¦ It's ETV. // Communications Technology;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p12
The article provides some insights into the emergence of ETV as of January 2006. Bigband Networks and TVWorks, the joint venture between Comcast Communications and Cox Communications were created to develop next-generation interactive cable technology and services towards ETV technology. They...
- Online Cargo Booking. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;11/1/99, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p48
Reports the plan of offering online cargo booking by the Gologistics.com. Reduction of prices on the shippers; Implication of credit rating on the customers; Determination of alternatives on the freight exchange.
- Fandango clicks tix with Yahoo! Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;1/22/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the agreement between Fandango Inc. and Yahoo Inc. to sell tickets directly to users of the Yahoo! Movies site in the U.S. Integration of the company's ticketing into the site's movie showtimes; Access of users to the country's theaters; Terms of the agreement.