Slow Start in Ratings for 'Sopranos,' 'The Shield'
- ESPN, Football Sack the Ratings - Again. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p18
The article reports that ESPN is leading the primetime competition during the week from September 25 to October 1, 2006 in the U.S. According to an analysis by Disney ABC Cable Network on Nielsen Media Research data, ESPN collected an average of 2.8 household rating to beat USA Network and...
- Making a case before meters debut. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;05/11/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p20
Discusses the outlook of affiliate and emerging television networks in Jacksonville, Florida for Nielsen Media Research's rollout of overnight meter ratings. Prelaunch sales pitches made to advertising buyers; Implications of overnight metering for television networks; Benefits seen for...
- Boomers flex their muscles outside trad demo derby. Lowry, Brian // Variety;7/31/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses issues related to the television industry in the U.S. Since Nielsen switched to People Meters in the nineteen eighties, the predominance of the 18-to-49 age bracket as primary currency of television has so become entrenched its rationale is no longer discussed. News ratings...
- Boston brouhaha. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;01/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p22
Reports on television ratings research firm Nielsen Media Research's plan to introduce its peoplemeter research technology in Boston, Massachusetts, as of January 24, 2000. Area-based television broadcasting executives' concerns regarding the planned introduction of the technology.
- New Orleans Rates Again. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;7/9/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on the recovery of television ratings in New Orleans, Louisiana in July 2007 nearly two years after Hurricane Katrina devastated the city. The Nielsen Media Research Inc. profile of the city shows it is smaller and very different demographically. According to a Nielsen...
- People's Choice. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p40
Presents the broadcast network prime-time ratings for the period January 18-24, 1999 in the United States, according Nielsen Media Research.
- NIELSEN RATINGS REPORT. // Daily Variety;1/20/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 17, p24
Presents the results of Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s ratings of television programs in the U.S. for the period of January 10-16, 2005.
- RATINGS: April 21-27. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 19, p19
Presents ratings of television programs, according to Nielsen Media Research Syndication Service Ranking April 21-27, 2003 in the U.S. Ranking of 'Friends'; Top off-net sitcoms.
- Hanging Tough in Motown. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p15
Discusses the effect of Nielsen Media Research's local people meter (LPM) on broadcasters and broadcast affiliates in Detroit, Michigan. Ratings of broadcasters as measured by LPM; Strategy used by TV stations in response to year-round ratings from Nielsen; Overview of TV stations that are...