A French Open Mosaic
- DirecTV To Offer International Soccer Package. // Satellite Today;3/27/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 56, p5
The article says that DirecTV company has prepared a package of channels for fans of Italian soccer. The satellite operator has announces that the package includes GoITV, FoxSoccer Channel and SKY TG24 and costs $19.99 per month in addition to the basic subscription. DirecTV International vice...
- TV's Sports Utility Vehicle. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p50
Focuses on the sports programming of DirectTV, a direct broadcast satellite television operator. Year when the company aired the National Football League's Sunday Ticket; Comment from Ed Dresser, executive vice president of strategic planning and business development at the National Basketball...
- DirecTV/NFL 'Sunday Ticket' Is $99 For HD. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/23/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
This article reports that DirecTV subscribers who take the National Football League (NFL) Sunday Ticket will have to pay an extra fee for the privilege of viewing games in high definition, as of May 2005. Under a newly announced plan called NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan, NFL Sunday Ticket...
- SES Astra Signs Capacity Agreement With Arena. // Satellite Today;3/17/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the satellite capacity agreement entered into by Arena, owner of live-television rights for the German first soccer league, with SES Astra, in 2006. Under the contract, Arena secures the capacity of a full digital transponder on an Astra satellite at the orbital position...
- Soccers fans giving Sport 7 the boot. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;11/04/96, Vol. 364 Issue 14, p39
Reports on Netherlands-based sports channel Sport 7's financial difficulties.
- STAR TV scores Indian hockey. Van Housen, Caty // Hollywood Reporter;11/28/95, Vol. 340 Issue 1, pI-5
Reports that STAR TV has acquired the broadcasting rights to Indian field hockey in Asia.
- DirecTV Announces New Sunday Ticket Program. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the plan of DirecTV to expand its National Football League Sunday Ticket sports package with interactive programming enhancements and select games in high-definition television as of August 18, 2003. Details of the subscription sports package; Information on interactive enhancements;...
- Tracking Satellite HD Options. Elrich, David // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/5/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p92
The article reports on satellite high definition (HD) options offered by direct-to-home satellite TV suppliers as of January 2006. It was found that DirecTV aired more than 125 National Football League games in HD. The company also offer HD pay-per-view channel. Dish Network offers a low rate...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 57, p2
Reports on the launch of CalcioDirect, a television subscription package aimed at Italian soccer fans, from DirecTV.