Movies, Video Migrate Online
- Sony makes dinero from Latino. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;04/12/99, Vol. 374 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on Hollywood-based film studio Sony Pictures' movie and television broadcasting business operations in Latin America as of April 12, 1999. Cable television investments; Company's co-financing of motion pictures in Brazil; Other film studios' operations in Latin America.
- Canal, Sony extend output deal. Sidhva, Shiraz // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/6/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 40, p65
The article reports that television network Canal Plus SA has said that it has renegotiated a multiyear deal with Sony Pictures Television International for exclusive first-run rights and pay-per-view rights for "all cinematic production" from the Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. stable,...
- Buyers in Favor Of Comcast Deal. Consoli, John; Bachman, Katy // Adweek;2/16/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p7
Media buyers said that they are upbeat about the prospect of Comcast Corp. acquiring the Walt Disney Co. and running ABC Inc. and its sibling cable networks. Some buyers believe the new leadership at Comcast, especially cable operations president Steve Burke, who had a successful stint at ABC...
- IT MAY HAVE BEEN BIG NEWS, BUT IT'S ACTUALLY A SMALL TEST. // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the announcement of Microsoft Corp. Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer that Comcast Corp. will do a trial of a new interactive programming guide by Microsoft TV in Seattle, Washington. Implication of the announcement for Microsoft Corp.; Issue on the people involved in the trial.
- Nashville Is in Tune With the Times. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the television (TV) broadcasting sector in Nashville, Tennessee as of March 2014. The TV market in the city has offered several newscasts at 4 in the morning, and the stations are planning to offer early morning news programs on weekends as well. The main subscription TV...
- Comcast taking stake in MTN regional net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p21
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Corp. has added another service to its sports operations, purchasing a 50% stake in the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN) in the United States. The Salt Lake City, Utah, cable system owned by Comcast will carry the MTN on its expanded-basic service...
- World video: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/3/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 46, p12
Presents developments related to television broadcasting and motion picture industry as of June 3, 2003. Launch of Russian business and financial news television channel RBC-TV; Selection of film producer and distributor Margaret Menegoz as president of French film promotion body Unifrance;...
- Comcast gives channels to Magic Johnson, Diddy. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;2/22/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p10
The article reports that four minority-owned television networks will be launched by Comcast Corp. which include the Aspire network to be led by former basketball player Magic Johnson, Revolt station proposed by Sean Diddy Combs, and BabyFirst Americas.
- Comcast Drops Guide From 11 N.J. Systems. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p14
Reports the elimination of the cable television print program guides of Comcast Corp. in Jersey City, New Jersey. Reason for the elimination of the print guides; Overview on the publication of the print guides; Replacement with the electronic programming guides of Gemstar-TV Guide International...