Analog Slashed in Chicago
- Ill Wind for Comcast. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p8
The article reports that about 121 subscribers of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. have filed complaints with the Chicago, Illinois Department of Consumer Services over the company's analog-reclamation initiative. The subscribers were unhappy that Comcast has forced them to a digital-video tier...
- Comcast Adds Video Screens to Guide. Sprangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p26
The article features Comcast Central, a video-based interactive program guide deployed by Comcast that can display up to six live channels simultaneously to about a quarter of its digital-cable footprint. The company's home base of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is among the systems to get it next....
- Broadcast Forum: Broadcasters speak out. // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the deployment of digital technologies by European broadcasters. Series of interviews with top broadcast journalists; Vendor relations.
- Latin America unpredictable but still a force. Stilson, Janet // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p12
Reports the importance of the programmers on television broadcasting industry in Latin America. Theme of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference; Views of Alberto Ciurana, vice president of programming on television programs; Company operation of Televisa.
- Eastern Europe puts programs into mix. Dziadul, Chris // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p18
Reports the changes in the television programs of broadcasting industry in Eastern Europe. Theme of the conference of National Association of Television Program Executives 2002; Performance of Telewizja Polska; Effect of the appointment of Jiri Balvin as director general on Cable Television;...
- Spinning the Web: Web TV Japan. Nakada, Gail // Computing Japan;Aug99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the evolution of WebTV in Japan. Comments from WebTV/Microsoft (Japan) Chairman Susumu Furukawa; Marketing strategies of companies in the set-top box field; Cost of WebTV Plus; Features of Oracle's NCTV; Target consumers of set-top boxes.
- Business. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p332
Focuses on developments related to digital television, current as of March 1998. Includes SkyStream Corp.'s formation of a strategic alliance with International Datacasting Corp.; ASC Audio Video Corp.'s decision to move its corporate headquarters to a new location; Vela Research Inc.'s...
- Getting into business. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p352
Deals with the different types of startups in the digital television industry. Problem of focusing too much on engineering; Major shifts at the analog semiconductor manufacturers; Successful companies' ability to identify the market opportunity correctly.
- Real Broadcast Network's Internet Broadcast Operations Center. Siegel, Mark // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p60
Reports on the all-digital Internet Broadcast Operations Center of the Real Broadcast Network (RBN). Description of the Digital System Technology used by RBN; Noise reduction process in storing and in-streaming bits; Functions of CompuSat, an automated dish control and satellite recording system.
- DTV update. // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p92
Presents several products utilized by the digital television broadcasting industry as of April 1, 2001. Multicast transmission system; Digital disk recorder; Animation system.