Returns In: Fox Edges CNN
- BARC Ratings: ETV Telugu, Star Jalsha, Asianet, Bhojpuri Cinema, Colors Kannada lead in week 49. // Exchange4media.com;12/21/2015, p1
The article reports on the ratings of television channels in India for the week of December 5-11, 2015, citing the winning streak of ETV Telugu, Star Jalsha, Asianet, Bhojpuri Cinema and Colors Kannada in their respective regional markets.
- Same ole, same ole. Frohlichstein, Trip // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 247, p8
Comments on the television news ratings in Saint Louis, Missouri. Performance of KTVI shows during primetime; Statistics on total news viewing; Growth on the performance of KDNL on attracting viewers.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p21
Presents statistics on television broadcasting in the U.S. in 2004. Status of the industry; Ranking of commercial television stations as of May 2004; Ratings of selected television programs.
- Swept away. // Variety;03/08/99, Vol. 374 Issue 3, p6
Presents news briefs concerning the television industry, compiled as of March 8, 1999. Includes the collapse of Rupert Murdoch's talks with Canal Plus; Rating for Fox's reality show `Opening the Lost Tombs'; Viewership for Barbara Walters' interview with Monica Lewinsky; Public response to the...
- What goes around, goes around again in TV news ratings. Haffield, David // Inside Tucson Business;8/30/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p9
The article offers the author's insights on television (TV) news ratings for several TV stations in Tucson, Arizona. The author says that news ratings have begun in the 1960s when TV stations try to find ways to have an independent third-party viewership calculations. He mentions that TV...
- Racing for Ratings. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/2/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p15
The article focuses on the competition for ratings among television stations in Florida. The television programs "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" have made WFTV defeat WKMG. The surge of new residents in the state posed challenges for networks in gaining their loyalty. Stations are...
- Sweeps now a two-horse race. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;11/18/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the competition among television networks in the U.S. Detection of better performance of both ABC and CBS in attracting audience; Ability of ABC to secure the top spot with its television program "Lost"; Contribution of the television program "CSI: NY" in attracting a sizable number...
- Fox, NBC wrap flat ad sales sesh. McClintock, Pamela; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;6/8/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the performance of different television stations in the U.S. Release of the fall primetime schedule of Fox and NBC; Decline in ratings suffered by Warner Bros. Network; Expectation for CBS to wrap up business.
- RIVAL NETS PLAY BALL. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/6/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the competition among television stations in garnering audience in the U.S. Significance of the move of Fox to cover baseball games to let some audience watch new television programs; Growth in the ratings of the programs "My Name is Earl" on NBC and "Commander in Chief" on ABC;...