USA's Summer Plans Mix the Old, New
- Cabler weds 'Wife' to its macho mix. Frankel, Daniel // Variety;9/1/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the decision by cable television network USA Network to create the show "The Starter Wife," for its fall 2008 season. USA is known for its numerous male-oriented programs, but "The Starter Wife" is about a woman's attempts to rebuild her life after getting a divorce. It...
- 'Starter Wife' Starts Strong. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;6/4/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p28
The article reports that the USA cable television network enjoyed strong ratings for the debut of its limited series program "The Starter Wife," on May 31, 2007. The program, whose lead is actress Debra Messing, will air in two-hour segments once a week for five weeks in the summer of 2007. The...
- Cable Bows Heat Up Summer Schedules. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;6/11/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the launch of several television series by cable networks for the summer season. "Starter Wife" from USA is generating the highest ratings for a cable original series. Lifetime is launching three shows on Sundays, including "Side Order of Life" and "State of Mind."...
- Cable's fall invasion. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;7/28/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p3
The article reports that cable television networks in the U.S., with substantial ratings gains and growth in advertisement sales commitments, are ramping up their invasion of the fall 2008 television schedule. It mentions that new television programs like "The Starter Wife" on USA Network and...
- Hint: USA Buys Net. // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p188
Reports on United States-based cable television company USA Networks Inc.'s plan to launch a cable television network as of May 1, 2000.
- USA Ready to Fight Summer Doldrums. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p38
Reports on the preparation of USA Network for its A Summer Like No Other campaign in the U.S. Dedication of the program to actor Tom Hanks; Number of promotional original series developed by the company; Plan of the network to air the U.S. Open live.
- Barry's on the prowl again. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/01/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p14
Reports on United States-based cable television company USA Networks' plan to acquire a cable television network as of May 1, 2000. Cable television networks being considered for acquisition by the company.
- USA may add 1 or 2 more networks. Moss // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p2
Reports on United States-based cable television firm USA Networks Inc.'s plan to start or acquire cable television networks as of November 1, 1999. Companies' financial performance for the third quarter of its fiscal year 1999.
- MARKETER A-LIST. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;12/7/2015, Vol. 86 Issue 23, p0021
The article features the cable television network USA Network.