THROUGH THE WIRE
- 'Sopranos' Muscles Into iPod Territory. Hibberd, James // Television Week;3/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the first Sopranos-related content being provided by pay television network Home Box Office (HBO) on iTunes as of March 2006. HBO also has recently added on iTunes similar supplementary content in support of its new polygamy drama Big Love, its historical epic Rome and its...
- 'SOPRANOS' GOES OUT WITH A BANG. KISSELL, RICK // Daily Variety;6/12/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the series finale of HBO's television series "The Sopranos." The series finale had an impact on both the "61st Annual Tony Awards," on CBS and ABC's coverage of the National Basketball Association Finals. Metered-market overnights representing more than 55 of the nation's...
- 'SOPRANOS' RETURN RAISES QUESTIONS. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p24
Highlights the last season of the TV program "The Sopranos," from Home Box Office. Details on the story of the last season of the TV program; Notable scenes in the last season of the TV program.
- Sopranos, Italian Style. Hamm, Liza; Wulff, Jennifer; Pick, Betsey; Arias, Ron; Foster, Todd; Green, Mary; Nickel Anhalt, Karen; Biermann, Rachel; Dagostino, Mark; Dodd, Johnny; Fernandez, Elizabeth; McNeil, Liz; Micheli, Robin; Nelson, Margaret; Roecker, Kimberley; Roedel, Abigail; Warrick, Pamela; White, Declan; Weinstein, Fannie // People;06/18/2001, Vol. 55 Issue 24, p20
Focuses on broadcast of the television show 'The Sopranos' in Italy, and reactions of Italians to the show.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF MOBILE TELEVISION: EXAMINING THE CONVERGENCE OF MOBILE AND BROADCASTING SERVICES IN KOREA. Sangwon Lee; Chan-Olmsted, Sylvia M. // International Journal of Mobile Marketing;Dec2006, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p60
The convergence of mobile and broadcasting services may deliver a driver for dramatic growth in the telecommunications sector. It is said that the Korean Digital Multimedia Broadcast (DMB) system is the most commercially successful mobile television services worldwide today. This study explores...
- Tony and his henchmen go arty. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;2/1/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 25, p1
Reports that A&E has landed the basic cable rights to "The Sopranos" of HBO in a multiyear deal worth U.S.$195 million. Record-setting bid of A&E; Debut of "The Sopranos" on A&E in fall 2006.
- Cable's Still Got a Long Way to Go. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
Highlights issues and developments relating to the United States cable television industry, recent as of February 2001. War of tactics over a potential Mike Tyson-Lennox Lewis boxing fight; Cartoon Network series 'Time Squad'; 'The Sopranos,' on HBO; Customer complaints against...
- The insider. McConville, Jim; Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
Reports on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Includes television network United Paramount Network's plan to hold meetings with television stations during the National Association of Television Programming Executives' 2000...
- Stuffing 'The Sopranos'. Bernarski, P.J. // Electronic Media;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p8
Comments on the television program `The Sopranos' and the television coverage of Hurricane Floyd. Praise for the performance of Nancy Marchand; Analysis of why the show was not a hit at the Emmy Awards; Failure of the hurricane to live up to the hype created by the media.