PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Just a glorified trade fair. Brown, Maggie // New Statesman;9/5/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4756, p15
Discusses the conference of television executives in England in 2005. Comments about the conference and the speeches that were made; Comparison to previous conferences; Assumption that the festival has changed in spirit and focus; Lack of quality in television programming.
- Market forces: DISCOP grows with partnership. Holdsworth, Nick; Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/20/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 46, p76
The article presents information on the initiative of the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) to popularize DISCOP, Central Europe's leading forum for buying and selling television and multimedia content. NATPE president and chief executive Rick Feldman announced in...
- B&C WEEK. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p6
The article reports a number of special events relating to the television broadcasting industry scheduled for the week January 8-12, 2007. The author notes that the Consumer Electronics Show will take place during that time period and records a number of seminars and speeches featuring prominent...
- Hunting for American imports. // Televisual;Apr2006, p11
The article focuses on the LA Screenings, a gathering of almost 800 television executives from over 60 different countries during the month of May. These executives come from ITV, BBC, Five, Sky, and Channel 4. Television studios are holding the biggest party or serving the best lunch to prove...
- Industryites cozy up at Arab confab. Meza, Ed // Variety;5/9/205, Vol. 398 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the first Arabia Conference in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Organizer of the event; Television broadcasting companies that send executives to attend the conference; Broadcast and marketing executives who attended the meeting.
- NATPE floor shows signs of rebound. Guider, Elizabeth; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/19/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the highlights of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase in the number of attendance during the conference; Discussion on the problems of the business; Return of major companies in the conference.
- NAPTE back at the Bay. ELIZABETHY GUIDER // Daily Variety;3/29/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 64, p6
The article reports on the National Association of Television Program Executives' plan to hold its 2007 Conference and Exhibition on January 15 to 18, 2006 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. It discusses the related Mobile ++ Conference will be held concurrently. The dates for the...
- PREVIEWING NATPE '06. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p11
Previews the 2006 conference of the National Association of Television Program Executives. Date and venue of the conference; Highlights of the event; Keynote speaker.
- DATEBOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p32
Offers information on several award presentations and other events concerning the TV industry to be held across the U.S. from June 13 to July 29, 2005, including the Management Development Seminar for Television Executives.