- HOLY RUPERT EMPIRE. Amdur, Meredith // Variety;8/11/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 12, p46
Reports on the financial performance of News Corp. Projected income of the company for 2003; Profit generated by the company from its television business; Comments from Richard Greenfield of Fulcrum Global Partners on News Corp.
- News Corp. to fund Indian media plans. Mathur, Arti // Daily Variety;06/14/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. has signed an agreement with the government of the Indian state of Karnataka to invest $255 million in media-convergence project.
- Media sector needs good News. Way, Nicholas // BRW;10/24/94, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the decline in media share prices in Australia as a result of News Corp.'s lackluster performance. Significance of the company's performance for the media industry; Investors' confusion about the information superhighway.
- Rupe scoops bigger stake in Teuton Sky. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;8/6/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 24, p5
The article reports on the higher share of News Corp, in Sky Deutschland, a German pay television company, in New York. The company has stated that they intentionally bought more shares in Sky Deutschland in order to take advantage of favorable prices. It has been cited that News Corp. had a...
- MEDIA WIRE. // MediaWeek;11/20/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 45, p6
Presents updates related to mass media in the United States as of November 20, 2000. Possibility given by Rupert Murdoch, chairman of News Corp., to consider an equity stake in UPN Network; Appointment of Peter Chrisanthopoulos as president and chief operating officer of Azteca America's...
- HOT NUMBERS. // Variety;11/17/2003, Vol. 393 Issue 1, p2
Presents several charts and graphs on the financial performance of the media industry in 2003. List of the top five motion pictures in DVD and video rentals; Viewership ratings of various television networks; Stock price trading of News Corporation.
- MyNetwork TV redraws its plan. Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;8/27/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 34, p8
The article discusses MyNetwork, a Fox Broadcasting station. Its parent company, News Corp., created the network following the CBS Corp. and Time Warner merger of UPN and WB into a single network. Due to low ratings and limited programming, advertisers have been apprehensive about purchasing...
- HAZY LIKE A FOX. Schneider, Michael; Siegel, Tatiana // Variety;3/16/2009, Vol. 414 Issue 5, p3
The article examines the management of the Fox Broadcasting and Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. divisions of News Corp., the mass media company controlled by Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch's decision to name Fox Searchlight studio head Peter Rice to become director of entertainment at Fox Broadcasting...
- Feds: In Murdoch they trust. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter;5/3/95, Vol. 337 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the approval by the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice of Fox's acquisition of television stations WBRC-TV in Birmingham, Alabama and WGHP-TV in Greensboro, North Carolina. Need for Federal Communications Commission's approval; Proposal for Fox's parent News Corp....