DirecTV Forges on With HD
- DirecTV Starting To Launch Nets In High-Definition. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on DirecTV's plan to have several networks in high definition by the end of September 2007 in the United States. The company reveals that there would be more than 70 high definition services launching in October 2007. The article reports that several DirecTV subscribers were...
- DirecTV, Dish Do HD, Too. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p92
Reports that DirectTV Inc., debuted an high definition television (HDTV) package on July 1, 2003. Offer of seven HDTV channels by DirectTV; Plan of DirectTV to start offering HDTV telecast of pro football games; Other channels that are interested in HDTV telecast.
- DirecTV. // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p27
The article reports that DirecTV Inc. is now offering local high definition (HD) television programming to its customers in Texas, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana. The company is now also offering local HD broadcast channels in 115 cities, representing more than 87 percent of U.S. television...
- DirecTV Plans Hi-Def Impact. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/31/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p19
This article reports on a satellite to be launched by DirecTV in November 2005. The satellite is its second in 2005. Those two satellites will enable the distributor to expand local high-definition channels in 12 top markets in 2005 and another 24 markets by the end of 2006. When it follows up...
- Life on the shelf for HDTV content. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p17
Reports on high-definition television (HDTV) advocates' admission that broadcasters have lost interest in producing HDTV versions of most network programs. Factors that hinder the growth of HDTV, according to Conrad Denke, president of American production Services; Plans of ABC to use HDTV...
- THE EVOLUTION OF ENCODING RESEARCH. Barker, David; Timberg, Bernard // Journal of Film & Video;Summer89, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including Brad Chisholm's paper, "On Screens-Screens," and another one about a case study of a single high definition television (HDTV) text, Julia and Julia, a feature-length dramatic production.
- A Giant Leap for Television. Abrahms, Doug // Insight on the News;12/07/98, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p42
Focuses on the introduction of high-definition television (HDTV) in the United States in October 1998. Start of broadcasting in HDTV; Cost of HDTV sets; Features and advantages of HDTV.
- HDTV innovations at NAB. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on the growing popularity of high-definition television (HDTV). Companies that broadcast HDTV programming; Introduction of the 24p format for HDTV; Projected market for HDTV.
- If we build it, they will come. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p10
Comments on television broadcasting services delivered via high definition television.