Downloadable Access Schemes In the Works
- MOTO, S-A SEE SURGE FOR SET-TOPS. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Reports that cable television's push into video-on-demand, digital video recorders and high definition television increased earnings of Motorola Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc. in January 2004. Sales of Motorola for the fourth quarter of 2003; Profits of Scientific-Atlanta for the second...
- HD Boxes Set To Highlight Cable Show. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/9/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
High-definition (HD) television will take center stage at National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) show in June 2003, as manufacturers introduce expanded lines of HD-capable digital cable receivers and cable operators continue to explore opportunities for selling HD cable equipment...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.
- Rocking the Industry. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p3A
Reports that the cable television network HBO has redefined excellence in television entertainment as of November 2002. Size of the audience of HBO; Comments of Howard Rosenberg, critic for the newspaper 'Los Angeles Times' on the entertainment programs telecast on HBO; Growth in the revenues...