Seeking a Video-Search Leader
- Mapping Path to the Unified Unknown. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p36
Presents news briefs related to cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 28, 2003. Plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to provide navigation tools for interactive program guides; Envison of Stern Telecommunications Corp. of New York that its patents when licensed can be...
- Gemstar Targets 20M IPG Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p5
Reports that Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. has attracted a large percentage of multisystem operators to its own interactive programming guides in the United States. Forecasted number of subscribers receiving Gemstar's programming guide platforms by year 2001; Expected increase in sales...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p13
Presents news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of November 4, 2002. Decision of Gemstar-TV Guide International to replace KPMG as its dependent auditor; List of celebrities enlisted by Oxygen for its on-air promos; Demographics of the viewers of International Channel.
- False start. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/11/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 15, p15
Reports that the decision of cable television company Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to pay 5.7 million dollars in fines to settle claims for unlawfully coordinated activities has brought relief to investors of the company. Factors which led to a decline in the company's stocks in 2002;...
- Gemstar Patent Rulings Open Field for Program Guide Developers. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p9
Deals with the effort of cable operators to disregard Gemstar-TV Guide International for interactive program guide (IPG) solutions amidst the failure of the company's patent protection strategy. Need for the operators to retain control of the IPG; Concerns raised by cable operators; Composition...
- OpenTV to integrate Gemstar IPG. // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the deal of OpenTV Corp. with Gemstar-TV Guide International to integrate its Core middleware with Gemstar's i-Guide IPG. Plan of Gemstar to market i-Guide worldwide to operators which uses Core-enabled set-top boxes.
- GUIDING THEM OUT. Farrell, Mike; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the submission of a joint proposals to restructure management between Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. and News Corp. in the California. Decline to detail any management changes by Gemstar; Operation control of the company; Accounting scandals within the company.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p6
Presents an update on the cable industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Expansion of the distribution services of Gemstar-TV Guide International; Efforts of Jonathan Adelstein of the Federal Communications Commission to urge the delay on the issuance of media ownership rules; Cable channel...
- Deals polish Gemstar after fiscal misdeeds. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/23/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the cable licensing deal announced by Gemstar TV-Guide for its interactive program guide technology in the U.S. License agreement signed with Insight Communications Inc.; Deployment of the TV Guide Interactive IPG to support the digital service of Insight; Details of the deal.