MR. KARMAZIN GOES TO WASHINGTON
- Cable's Wild Ride. Levine, Shira // America's Network;Aug99 Supplement, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p22
Discusses information on cable network mergers. Consolidation activities of various companies; Background on the cable industry; Technology developments in the cable industry.
- Cablers sing happy tunes. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;06/18/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 5, p12
Presents information on the confabulation held by the cable industry in Chicago, Illinois in 2001. What the appearance of Viacom executive Mel Karmazin indicates; Focus of the majority of the discussion; Keynote speakers at the event.
- With increased consolidation of the cable industry, will it be harder to raise rates? Matheny, Luke // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p8
Presents views of cable television industry executives on the effects of consolidation on cable television rates in the United States. Programming opportunities resulting from consolidation; Ease of raising rates.
- TECHTV GETS REBOOT Comcast to merge Allen's channel with G4. Amdur, Meredith; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/29/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 58, p4
Reports on the expectation for the acquisition of TechTV by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Effort of the company to boost its programming assets; Merger of TechTV with the company's G4 channel; Plan for the development of original programming of the combined television networks.
- Did Cable Topple UPN and The WB? Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p41
The article presents outlook on the impact of cable television on the merger between the WB and UPN television networks. Whether or not cable contributed to the netlets' decision to merge, the cable sector may have numerous opportunities to capitalize on the broadcasters' merger. Also, though...
- THE CABLERS. // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, p35
Provides updates on the cable television industry in United States as of March 2001. Cable network that acquired a license to broadcast the movie `Finding Forrester'; Decision of USA Networks Chairman Barry Diller to acquire the Web site Crime.com; Premiere rating of the cable franchise program...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.