Nat Geo In 'Planet' Push
- Nat'l Geo gets 'World' // Daily Variety;07/27/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 37, p18
Reports that National Geographic Channels Worldwide has licensed the BBC television series `Tomorrow's World.'
- Nat Geo Seeks to Entertain, Generally. // Multichannel News;3/26/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p14
The article reports that television network National Geographic Channels will be airing new television programs in 2013 including "The 80s: The Decade That Made Us," "American Chainsaw," and "Bid & Destroy."
- Nat'l Geo maps Latin America bow. Hudson, Peter // Variety;10/30/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 11, p56
Discusses the debut of the National Geographic Channels Intl. (NGCI) television network throughout Latin American countries on January 1, 2001. Television viewers which are expected by NGCI to watch its pilot broadcasting; Statistics on the number of television viewers from Brazil who are...
- National Geo Int'l eyes regional bow through Brazil. Sutter, Mary // Variety;09/11/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the launching of the National Geographic Channel International (NGCI) company in Brazil on November 1, 2000. Plans of NGCI; Acquisition of the existing sub distribution of local pay net Superstation by NGCI; Backers of NGCI.
- Nat Geo Moves to Maintain Momentum. mstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p39
The article reports that the National Geographic Channel will look to build on its ratings success with a slate of new series and specials focusing on science, nature, and technology. President Laureen Ong said that the 64 million subscriber network will take to engage its target...
- National Geo Takes Global Approach. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/1/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p6
The article focuses on the measures taken by National Geographic Channel to reach its networks around the world. After David Haslingden succeeded Laureen Ong as head of the U.S. channel, he has taken a number of steps to put it more in line with the other National Geographic networks around the...
- Nat Geo takes HD trail. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Feb2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the investment made by the National Geographic Channel on high definition capabilities to its post production facility in London, England. The network hired ATG Broadcast to do the enhancement. The company's transition to high definition is still at an early stage and will...
- National Geographic. // Multichannel News;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, Special Section p2A
Focuses on the efforts of Steven Schiffman, executive vice president of Marketing and New Media to establish a brand image for the National Geographic Channel. Marketing strategy incorporated by Schiffman into the network's image; Influence of the audience on the development of the network's...
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL. // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p25
The article reports on high-definition (HD) programming by the National Geographic Channel. The company started producing all of its programming in HD in 2005. It launched a simulcast HD service in January 2006, which was made available in about eight million homes citing HD as very important...