Tandberg TV Board Backs Ericsson Bid
- IPTV consolidation opens new doors. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/20/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p16
The article reports Tandberg Television's acquisition of SkyStream. The deal's most important impact may be in the doors it opens for the merger. It continues a consolidation trend that is possibly to move on as the IPTV vendor market continues to lessen. Expected to close in April, the merger...
- Tandberg boosts US presence. Rorrester, Chris // TVB Europe;Mar2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
This article reports that Tandberg Television says its presence at this year's NAB will be bigger than ever. Part of the reason is its recent purchase of Atlanta-based N2 Broadband, an open-platform VoD specialist, for more than $110 million. This deal will reach to about 180 people so it's a...
- Tandberg TV buys GoldPocket. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/18/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 21, p83
This article reports that GoldPocket Interactive Inc., an early player in the still-nascent U.S. interactive television market, agreed to be acquired for $78.5 million by Norway-based Tandberg Television. Tandberg said that it will pay $56.7 million in cash for GoldPocket and an additional $21.8...
- IPTV Processing. // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p41
The article evaluates the iPlexT UltraCompression IPTV processing equipment from Tandberg Television.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television industry as of December 20, 2004. Ruling of New York State Justice Helen Freedman on the request filed by Cablevision Systems Corp. to block the proposed regional sports network of the New York Mets; Appointment of Suzanne Kolb as executive vice...
- NBC's Tandberg Television digital distribution system. Hobbs, Barry // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2002, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p74
Deals with the decision of NBC to select Tandberg Television to provide its digital distribution systems. Description of the digital distribution system E5425 mobile contribution encoders from Tandberg; Information on the receivers used by NBC; Effect of the system on NBC.
- Adding an impetus. Garcia, Kristine // TVB Europe;May2001, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p16
Interview Jeremy Thorp, chief financial officer at Tandberg Television, regarding the television technology. Opinion on business planning; Advantage of Tandberg in the direct-to-home digital systems; Comments on the digital media management area.
- TANDBURG TELEVISION. // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p83
Discusses the effect of digital simulcasting on encoders and decoders supplier Tandberg Television. Views of Lisa Hobbs, senior director of marketing at Tandberg, on the products offered by the company; Description of the E5770 encoder and TT1230 decoder developed by the company; Benefits from...
- Maestro of Tech. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;4/18/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 16, p52
Features Matthew Goldman, vice president of technology at Tandberg Television. Educational background; Involvement in standardization of Microsoft's next-generation compression technology; Career highlights; Challenges as vice president of Tandberg. INSET: MATTHEW GOLDMAN.