THE SOPRANOS (LAST SEASON)
- 'SOPRANOS' SWAN SONG. Sheward, David // Back Stage West;11/29/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p15-A
This article focuses on the end of "The Sopranos" TV series from HBO. The TV program went out not with a bang but with a blank screen. After 86 episodes, HBO's "The Sopranos" was taken out on June 10, 2007. Creator David Chase and his enormous cast of nuanced performers had given viewers a...
- The Sopranos. Labate, Steve // Paste: Signs of Life in Music, Film & Culture;Nov2009, Issue 58, p48
The article reviews the television program "The Sopranos," directed by David Chase.
- AN AMERICAN FAMILY. Biskind, Peter // Vanity Fair;Apr2007, Issue 560, p234
The article discusses the television program "The Sopranos" and its creator David Chase. A history of the program is offered, with comments from cast members including lead actor James Gandolfini, as well as discussion of the show's upcoming finale in 2007. The article suggests that the show has...
- Sopranos, Italian Style. Hamm, Liza; Wulff, Jennifer; Pick, Betsey; Arias, Ron; Foster, Todd; Green, Mary; Nickel Anhalt, Karen; Biermann, Rachel; Dagostino, Mark; Dodd, Johnny; Fernandez, Elizabeth; McNeil, Liz; Micheli, Robin; Nelson, Margaret; Roecker, Kimberley; Roedel, Abigail; Warrick, Pamela; White, Declan; Weinstein, Fannie // People;06/18/2001, Vol. 55 Issue 24, p20
Focuses on broadcast of the television show 'The Sopranos' in Italy, and reactions of Italians to the show.
- A Blaze of Glory for 'The Sopranos'. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/9/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p15
The article compliments the television program "The Sopranos." The television serial has topped the summer Critics Poll nearly every year. Even when critics were frustrated with the show, they considered its missteps the result of a noble experiment that transcended the competition. "The...
- 'Sopranos' rewrites sked rules. Lowry, Brian // Variety;3/13/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 4, p15
The article focuses on the television program "The Sopranos" on HBO. The result of a survey of the program's fans is discussed. The author also gave comments on the program's shifting rules of scheduling. He also gave his remarks on the elevation of its cable ratings.
- 'Sopranos' OK'd for primetime airing in Canada. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/29/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the approval of the board of censors to air the television program 'The Sopranos' for primetime viewing in Canada. Rejection of the complaints of viewers; Violence of the mob series; Defense of the television program by the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council.
- Swan Song Sends 'Sopranos' Cast South. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p31
The article reports on the appearance of the cast of the television series "The Sopranos" at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida. The red carpet event was held to celebrate the last episode of the television series. The celebrities who attended the event and the...
- THE BOYS ARE BACK. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the fourth-season premiere of the television series 'The Sopranos,' which is scheduled on September 15, 2002. Strategies of several cable networks as preparation for the season premiere of the television series 'The Sopranos' in HBO; Rating for the third season of the television...