Latino Providers Strike Up the Broadband
- All that glistens. Molony, David; Turner, Lorraine // Total Telecom Magazine;Jul2006, p18
The article discusses the prospect of bringing Internet protocol television (TV) and mobile TV to the forefront of data service by banking on world sport tournaments. European operators is eyeing the FIFA World Cup for this goal. This TV strategy gained popularity since the World Cup was...
- A broader vision. Lunden, Ingrid // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2007, p25
The article deals with the decision of telecommunication operators to offer Internet protocol television (IPTV) content to boost their broadband services. Some service providers are coming up with interactive and on-demand services to target specific audiences. In France, broadband providers are...
- Broadband Paves Way for Broader Web Media Use. Miller, Jeff // Television Week;5/28/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p9
The author comments on the impact of broadband on Web media, cable and broadcast television (TV). He relates the concerns of cable and broadcast television in line with the emergence of broadband. He explores the competition posed by video producers to cable TV networks. He advises cable...
- Digital Ads Fall Short of Hype. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p14
Reports on the low turnout received by broadcast networks from digital advertising. Amount NBC will book for spots on its broadband offerings in 2006; Estimated percentage of upfront money of CBS that will be tied to digital; Average cost-per-thousand viewers secured by ABC.
- CABLE'S CONNECTION. Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;4/8/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the impact of broadband Internet connection on cable television broadcasting. One of the opportunities presented by broadband to cable Web sites is the ability to do some sort of pay-per-view/video-on-demand services without programming. However, broadband has yet to...
- Korea's turbulent TV arena. Murphy, James // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/12/2007, p11
The article focuses on the war between industry, broadcasting and telecom regulatory bodies in Korea over control of the Internet-protocol television (IPTV) industry that has hindered its introduction for more than two years. According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and...
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.