THIS JUST IN
- Mediacom Sees Bundle Bolstering Retention. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the customer loss of cable operator Mediacom Communications Corp. for the fourth quarter of 2003. Revenue growth; Decline of digital video subscribers; Provisions of the planned service enhancements.
- Cable Gets Into the Act in a Big Way. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p24
Highlights the proliferation of entertainment news programs in cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 2003. Potential reason behind the interest of cable networks toward entertainment news programs; Structure of programming at E! Entertainment Television; Growth in the...
- The Year Basic Cable Arrived. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/22/2003-12/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p1
Presents an overview of the U.S. cable television industry in 2003. Distribution gap between broadcast and cable; Effort of broadcasters to combat cable's strong performance in June 2003; Ratings of cable networks.
- NIELSEN RATINGS REPORT. // Daily Variety;1/26/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 21, p9
Presents the Nielsen Ratings Report for television programs for the week of January 17-23, 2005 in the United States. Day-by-day ratings for the television programs of the six major television networks; Top 25 shows in 18-49; Top shows in 25-54; Top cable nets in 18-49; Evening news; Primetime...
- SAG Going After Better Cable Deal. Hiestand, Jesse // Back Stage West;1/12/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p4
This article reports on negotiations started by the Screen Actors Guild on basic cable agreement in the U.S. as of January 2006. The major goal is to raise rates for actors, who continue to collect residuals at a rate of 12 percent of their minimum rate for the first rerun, followed by...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...