No Freebies for Universal Music Net
- TW CABLE UPS YAEGER TO EXEC VP. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;1/16/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p6
Announces the promotion of Lynn M. Yaeger to executive vice president of Time Warner Cable Inc.'s corporate affairs. Function of Yaeger; Career history.
- briefly. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;10/26/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p9
The article offers U.S. entertainment industry news briefs as of October 26, 2011 on topics including cancellation of a concert by rapper Rick Ross, American rap musician Soulja Boy's claim for innocence following his arrest on a drug charge, and launch of a television talk show by Time Warner...
- Projecting a sure thing. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;5/28/2012, Vol. 427 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses a report that rates stocks according to the predictability of their earnings from the investment research group Value Line Investment, focusing on the ratings of entertainment industry stock from the companies Lionsgate Entertainment, Time Warner Cable, and Disney.
- Media firms keep pink slips coming. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;2/5/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that media and entertainment firms in the U.S. have continued to announce job cuts since the beginning of the year 2009. Time Warner Cable Inc. has announced that it will eliminate 1,250 positions in the coming weeks. Jobs have also been eliminated by companies such as Warner...
- Time Warner ups EPS outlook. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/6/2014, pA02
The media and entertainment giant said it raised its full-year earnings guidance to a "high teens" percentage gain from '13 EPS of $3.51 vs. analyst views for a 6% '14 EPS gain to $4.01.
- Cable exex clash on fees. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/14/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the debate between Leo Hindery, chairman-chief executive officer of the YES Network and Fred Dressler vice-president of programming for Time Warner Cable Inc. regarding the cost of broadcasting sporting events in the U.S. Disagreement expressed by Dressler on the stand of YES that...
- KA-CHING! WHO'S INKING ON THE DOTTED LINE THIS WEEK. // Hollywood Reporter;11/8/2013, Issue 39, p16
This section offers news briefs on the entertainment industry in 2013. Actor Tom Cruise will be starring in the Fox television network's drama "Go Like Hell," directed by Joseph Kosinski. Actress Michelle Monaghan will star in the film adaption of the novel "The Best of Me," by Nicholas Sparks....
- Time Warner COO: Industry Should Adopic Same-Day VOD, DVD Release. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/5/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the promulgation that entertainment industry should adopt same-day DVD and video-on-demand (VOD) releases. According to Glenn Britt, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Time Warner Cable, the firm continues to increase high-definition content and expands library...
- Time Warner Opens Virtual Video Store. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p8
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. will open a virtual video store in Greensboro, North Carolina. The company will tie-up with In Demand Networks and the store will contain about 2,000 movie titles that would compete with other traditional video outlets. It will collect movie titles...