- CABLE, FILM SHOULD DRIVE NEWS IN 2007. // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p35
The article reports on the restated buy rating of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. media analyst Jessica Reif Cohen on News Corp in the U.S. According to Cohen, News Crop will have a strong growth at its movie studios that can offset fiscal second-quarter weakness in its broadcast televsion business. On...
- BT's revenues will feel the pressure in fourth quarter. // Utility Week;5/13/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the forecast of Merrill Lynch on the calls and line revenues of British Telecom in the fourth quarter of 2004. Factors that could affect the performance of the company in the telecommunications market; Projected total revenues of the company in the quarter compared to 2003.
- Regionals Face Tough Sledding. // National Mortgage News;2/20/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p19
The article looks into the business forecast of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. on regional banks for their revenue growth in 2006 in the U.S. According to Merrill Lynch, pressure on net interest margin is constant and it is still ongoing. Mortgage banking fees held in better than it is expected but...
- Merrill Trims Citi's 2Q and 2005 Estimates. // American Banker;7/12/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 132, p18
Reports that Merrill Lynch cut its 2005 second-quarter and full-year earnings estimates for Citigroup Inc. How higher funding rates and loan-loss provisions in credit cards were factors in the estimate cuts; Statistics related to the revised estimates.
- TV, newspapers, help News Corp lift its game. Rennie, Philip // BRW;01/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p29
Presents information on the rise in the stock price of Australian company, News Corporation and examines the possible reasons why. Sudden change of recommendation by United States broker, Merrill Lynch from neutral to buy; Comment from Jessica Reif of Merrill Lynch; Earnings momentum returning...
- Goldman analyst warns about Merrill earnings. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/1/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 37, p17
The article reports on the prediction of William Tanona, a Goldman Sachs analyst, about Merrill Lynch & Co.'s earnings in the U.S. It states that in a September 26, 2007 reports, Tanona lowered his estimate for the third-quarter earnings to 15 cents a share from $1.95. He also predicted that...
- Merrill takes dim view of Allders effect. // Estates Gazette;4/10/2004, Issue 415, p23
States that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. has lowered its forecast for Minerva's financial performance. Impact of the financial performance of Allders on Minerva's assets; Comments from Merrill analyst Robert Fowlds; Percentage of Minerva's portfolio which was positioned in London, England.
- Merrill's '07 Plan Looks Familiar After a Solid 2006. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;1/19/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p7
The article discusses the 2006 fourth-quarter earnings and acquisitions of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Various statistics related to the company's financial performance are presented. Comments regarding the company's earnings and strategies from Jeffrey Edwards, the chief financial officer, are...
- Merrill Slashes Citi's 1Q Views. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/10/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the financial performance of Citigroup Inc.'s first-quarter estimates in 2008, based on the ratings of Merrill Lynch & Co. The financial management and advisory firm has cited an ongoing deterioration of Citigroup's U.S. residential and commercial mortgage markets,...