Ex-Cable Exec Sentenced
- Attorney Defends Indicted Exec. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;2/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p9
Reports the issuance of indictment from the United States Attorney's Office against former chairman Charles Hermanowski of Americable International Inc. Charges on fraud and money-laundering in connection with military base cable franchises; Resignation of Hermanowski from the company in 1998;...
- In the Courts:. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p2
Presents news briefs on court cases involving firms in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of July 2006. Verdict of a federal district court jury in Texas to DirecTV's infringement of a Finisar patent that addressees ways to transmit broadcast digital information to a wide base of...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Moss, Linda; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;2/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p52
Offers news briefs related to the multichannel communication in the U.S. as of February 2006. Information on an investor meeting conducted by David Hill, president of DirecTV Entertainment Group; Charges facing cable executive Charles Hermanowski against the U.S. Department of Defense;...
- C. DOJ and E&Y Decide on Nonprosecution Agreement with $123M in Penalties. Zagaris, Bruce // International Enforcement Law Reporter;May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p154
The article reports on the non-prosecution agreement (NPA) entered by Ernst & Young LLP (E&Y) with the U.S., in which the former will pay $123 million to the U.S. and will acknowledge a Statement of Facts for wrongful act of certain partners and employees. It says that the NPA was made due to...
- WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO HAVE YOUR READS SHAVED IN PRISON. Duffel, Kevin // Transworld Skateboarding;May2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p056
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being imprisoned for the tax evasion case of his father and of shaving his head inside the prison in Brazil.
- Farmer splashes tax fraud cash on Aston Martin and boat. // Farmers Weekly;9/12/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the imprisonment of farmer Paul Hussell, for submitting 41 fraudulent value added tax (VAT) repayment claims from April 2008 to August 2011 and also informs that he bought an Aston Martin DB9 car and a Regal motor cruiser with the money from the fraud.
- Tax-dodging couple get six-year jail terms. Milner, Leah // Money Marketing;3/4/2010, p23
The article reports on the six year imprisonment and four million pounds fine of couple Patrick Gerard Small and May Elizabeth Small for using false accounting to syphon off nearly four million pounds and avoid tax payment in Northern Ireland.
- Armed to the Teeth, NH Pair Are Arrested Without a Shot. Beirich, Heidi; Buchanan, Susy; Griggs, Anthony; Holthouse, David; Mock, Brentin; Potok, Mark; Sanchez, Casey; Wood, Laurie // Intelligence Report;Winter2007, Issue 128, p3
The article reports that two tax protesters, known for their affiliation with the radical right and white supremacists, have been arrested in their home located in Plainfield, New Hampshire. Ed and Elaine Brown, aged 65 and 67, were each sentenced to more than five years in prison in April 2007...
- Suspended Doctor and Wife Sentenced, Fined Millions. // News India Times;8/2/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 31, p16
The article informs that Indian-American physician Rakesh Anand and his wife Meena Anand was sentenced to two years of federal prison on July 18, 2013 for illegal dispensing of pills containing amphetamine-based controlled substances to patients and federal income tax evasion.