Sales Give Charter Boost
- 'FIRST CLASS' CABLER. Adalian, Josef; Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;4/12/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the business planning related to Bravo cable television network owned by NBC Universal Inc. The network is going to broadcast some original television programs on Thursday nights from the summer 2007. The network has also ordered new seasons of television...
- Sundance Channel Goes Ad-Supported. Thielman, Sam // Adweek;3/25/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p13
The article focuses on the cable television network Sundance Channel. The network's transition to a business model in which its programs are supported through sales of cable television advertising rather than generating revenue through limited corporate sponsorships allowing it to broadcasting...
- Charter Renews Golf, Versus. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that U.S.-based cable operator Charter Communications Inc. has renewed carriage contract with Comcast Corp.-owned services Versus and Golf Channel. Under the contract, Charter Communications Inc. will continue to broadcast the two channels from the company's millions of...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Charter Lines Up Loans to Buy Comcast Subs. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/4/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p24
The article discusses plans of American cable television firm Charter Communications gathering the funds to go ahead with its planned purchase of about 1.4 million customers from broadcasting company Comcast, after Comcast closes its pending 69 billion U.S. dollars merger with Time Warner Cable.
- Charter's Plan? Keep Looking. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/17/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p3
The article discusses the growth plan of cable television firm Charter Communications Inc. in which it has staked its future growth on Time Warner Cable (TWC) deal and states the comment of its chief executive officer (CEO) Tom Rutledge that Charter do not need acquisitions to grow.
- IN BRIEF. // Multichannel News;3/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p40
The article offers news briefs related to cable operators which include the launch of the DOCSIS 3.0 service of Time Warner Cable Inc. on March 16, 2010 in parts of North Texas and Buffalo and Syracuse, New York and the expectation of Charter Communications Inc. to distribute support for the...
- Charter Communications, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Charter Communications, Inc. SWOT Analysis;12/18/2015, p1
A SWOT analysis of Charter Communications, Inc. is presented.
- Cox Communications Engages Customers with Customized Rewards. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;3/10/2014, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
The article presents a case study of the business objectives of U.S.-based cable company Cox Communications which wants to be proactive in engaging and rewarding its customers to improve customer retention. The company worked with marketing service provider Paradise Design to develop a direct...