Playboy Seeks VOD Parity
- Christie Hefner and the The Playboy (regulatory) philosophy. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/07/97, Vol. 127 Issue 28, p40
Presents an interview with Playboy Enterprises Chief Executive Christie Hefner about the impact of the United States government's cable television scrambling/blocking rules. How cable television and Playboy will be affected; Temporary restraining order; Costs; Prospects for changing the rules.
- Photonami Writes SONET to operators. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p39
Reports the implications of video-on-demand on cable television networks in the United States. Application of the packet synchronous optical network technology; Capacity for optical burst; Improvement of bandwidth efficiency.
- Cox Tweaks Latin Offering. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p8
Reports the training given to cable operators and programmers on the industry issues in the U.S. Study on the pro and cons of video-on-demand; Marketing strategy; Inclusion of several Spanish-language networks.
- On Demand at Hand. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p20
Addresses the importance of proper timing and opportunity in the marketing of the cable service, video-on-demand (VOD). Expectations from the marketing of VOD; Debate on ways to generate revenue through VOD service; Questions that need to be addressed in the marketing of VOD.
- VOD GETS REAL. Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p21
Provides information on the marketing of video-on-demand (VOD) cable and satellite service in the U.S. as of October 2002. VOD revenue projections for cable and satellite; Cable VOD payback on investment analysis; Profitability of the service. INSET: ON-DEMAND CONTENT: WHERE WE ARE NOW.
- Cable Ops Should Get Personal. Casparian, Maro // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p31
Today's consumers are reeling from overload, with too many messages being thrown at them from all types of media. The only messages that have a chance of sticking in consumers' minds are those that appeal to them personally. For this, cable operators offer innovative products, like high-speed...
- The Stakes Just Got Higher. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p24
Reports on the deployment of a video-on-demand service by Comcast Cable in the U.S. as of October 2002. Description of the VOD deployment initiated by Comcast in its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania market; Information on Comcast's pre-Philadelphia strategy according to chief executive Dave Watson;...
- Playboy woos Griffiths for expansion role. Collins, Scott; Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/13/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 7, p6
Playboy Enterprises Inc., looking to expand its adult video offerings around the globe, has scooped up veteran MGM television executive Jim Griffiths for a top post. Griffiths, a former CAA agent who has spent the past six years as president of worldwide television distribution for MGM, was...
- Making VOD the BMOC. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p39
The article reports that the cable network Comedy Central is working with several affiliates to promote the video-on-demand (VOD) platform in the U.S. in 2007. The network is looking to attract collegiate users to the VOD platform by offering localized VOD content and the comedy tour titled...