Cablevision Getting Fulfillment
- Fiber's rising tally. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Jun2005, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p3
The article reflects on the future of the cable industry and impact of fibres on it. According to Tom Rutledge, chief operating officer, Cablevision Systems Corp. the impact of fibre invasion by Verizon Communications Inc. on Cablevision's territories is completely insignificant. The latest...
- Maverick Plays and Wins by Its Own Rules. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p42
The article reports on the growth of Verizon Communications' FiOS voice, video and data service. Cablevision Systems chief operating officer Tom Rutledge comments on the threat posed by Verizon when it was beginning to roll out its FiOS. Rutledge refuses to discuss Verizon's impact, but in a...
- 2002 IN review. // Multichannel News;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p1A
Presents a month-wise round up of activities and developments that occurred in the U.S. telecommunication industry in 2002. Appointment of Tom Rutledge as the president of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s systems in the New York metro area; Distribution deal between Yankees Entertainment & Sports...
- Sundance deal draws top dollar. HAYES, DADE; DEMPSEY, JOHN // Daily Variety;5/8/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 24, p1
The article highlights the purchase by Cablevision's Rainbow Media of Sundance Channel for $496 million. Presumably, the deal has been conceived out of Rainbow's long-term goal to fold IFC Network and Sundance together. As a result of the deal, Sundance comes to meet its fifth owner in the past...
- Former TWC Exec Rutledge Resurfaces at Cablevision. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Reports the appointment of former Time Warner Cable executive Tom Rutledge as president of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the United States. Impact of the hiring of Rutledge on the operation of Cablevision; Confidence of analysts on the capabilities of Rutledge; Job responsibilities of the...
- 'The Coolest Job in Cable.' Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p44
Profiles Tom Rutledge, president of Cablevision Systems Corp. Career background of Rutledge; Responsibilities of Rutledge; Plans of Rutledge for the company.
- Rutledge gets a new home. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2001, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the hiring of Tom Rutledge to take charge of Cablevision Systems Corp. cable operation in New York, New York. Career background of Rutledge; Job responsibility in Cablevision; Excitement of Rutledge to work in Cablevision.
- Abrupt exit for cable vet. // Daily Variety;12/16/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 53, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Tom Rutledge as chef operating officer of cable company Cablevision Systems Corp., in which Rutledge is considered to be one of the most prominent executives in cable industry.
- Cable's Confident Hand: The Telephony and Business Cards. // Communications Technology;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the National Show in Atlanta on cable technology moving into the voice space through wireline and wireless products. Time Warner chairman-CEO Richard Parsons says telcos are out and cable platform can deliver all the goods today. A panel session focused on Sprint joint...