DirecTV Rolls Out VOD
- Another Hawaiian Edge: Cable's Great. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p74
Focuses on the status of digital cable television programming in Hawaii. Introduction of video-on-demand and pizza-on-demand services by Oceanic Cable; Offer of special programming packages by direct broadcast satellite (DBS) providers; Effect of limited direct-home penetration of satellite...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Chain Interaction: DirecTV's Interactivity Pitch Gains Momentum. // CableFAX Daily;2/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p1
Unveils the plan of DirecTV to launch video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. in 2006. Overview of the VOD services to be launched by the company; Views of Rupert Murdoch, owner of the company, on VOD services.
- SPOT WATCH. // Multichannel News;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p36
Features an advertisement shown at DirecTV digital video recorder aired in November 2004 which focused on cable's on-demand play. Details of the commercial scene; Message of the commercial addressed to its viewers.
- DirecTV to Uncouple Premium Tiers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the plan to update the programming packages of DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Shift of premium sports and movie channels from bundles including basic-cable networks; Price of the individual packages; Simplicity and flexibility of premium tiers.
- DIRECTV: Bringing a Whole New Entertainment Experience. // Siliconindia;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
A preview of the DirectTV cable service from DirectTV Inc is presented.
- Say bye-bye to your Blockbuster. Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the impact of video-on-demand (VOD) service offered by cable television networks on the video retail business. Advantages of the service to viewers; Expectations of the cable television officials from the VOD service; Shortcomings of the service; Challenges faced by video retail...
- The Northern network. Levine, Shira // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on Canada-based cable television operators' applications for the approval of video-on-demand (VOD) licenses. View of cable operators about VOD services; Consideration of VOD as a broadcasting service; Need for cable companies to deliver better services than those offered by wireless...
- getting in the GAME. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on video on demand (VOD) products for the cable industry. Comcast's VOD platforms that could support about 450 hours of content; Concept of separating the streaming from the storage; InfoValue Computing Inc.'s software platform, called QuickVideo OnDemand. INSET: nCUBE opens up.