Insight Ready to Unwind
- Comcast Kicks Regional News Into High Gear. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p24
Looks at the enhancements made by the CN8 cable television network of Comcast to its locally produced programming in New England in 2003. Original regional prime-time news programs of the network; Importance of associating the Comcast name with the New England Cable News.
- Comcast channel adds newscasts. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Comcast Cable Communications' plan to add local news broadcast to its cable television channel CN8 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as of April 17, 2000. Background on the cable television network.
- Doggies on Demand. // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p2
Reports on the Adopt-A-Pet On demand VOD service offered by Comcast Cable in the U.S. in 2006.
- Nationals Rationale:. // CableFAX Daily;5/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 84, p2
Reports on the initiative of residential service network MASN to force multiple system operator Comcast to broadcast Nationals games in Washington, D.C. Legislation on MSO license introduced by DC city council members; Editorials on the dispute published by the Washington Post.
- Comcast Adds Video Screens to Guide. Sprangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p26
The article features Comcast Central, a video-based interactive program guide deployed by Comcast that can display up to six live channels simultaneously to about a quarter of its digital-cable footprint. The company's home base of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is among the systems to get it next....
- Getting Back to Basics. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p40
Offers information on Insight Communications Co., a cable television firm serving the Midwest. Total number of its subscribers; Contributions to the industry regarding technology and services; Programming and marketing deals; Operating statistics.
- Keeping Up With VOD Demand in Rockford. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p30
Focuses on the status of video-on-demand (VOD) service of Insight Communications in the U.S. as of April 2002. Strategy of the company in the deployment of VOD; Impact of the decision of Disney to withdraw its titles from VOD release; Factor critical in beating competitors for VOD service.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.