- EchoStar, Viacom spin judge's ruling. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/1/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the ruling of Judge Claudia Wilken on an antitrust lawsuit filed by Echostar Communications Corp. against Viacom Inc. in connection to their broadcast and cable network carriage terms in San Francisco, California. Terms in the ruling; Reaction of both companies to the ruling; Impetus...
- CABLE SUIT ON HOLD. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/23/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the progress of the lawsuit filed by EchoStar Communications Corp. against Viacom Inc. for an alleged breach of carriage contract in the U.S. Reason behind the cancellation of the initial hearing for the case; Details on the claims of EchoStar; Response of Viacom to the allegations.
- Ergen, Viacom OK extension. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the progress of the lawsuit filed by EchoStar Communications Corp. against Viacom Inc. for an alleged abuse of programming power in the U.S. Basis of the allegations; Response of Viacom to the complaint; Possibility of EchoStar to win the case.
- EchoStar-Viacom: Content Still King. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the carriage contract dispute between EchoStar Communications and Viacom. General consensus among financial analysts on the effect of the dispute; Agreement between EchoStar and Viacom; Remarks of EchoStar chief executive officer Charlie Ergen on the agreement.
- Heat Index. // Advertising Age;3/15/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p75
Highlights various issues related to U.S. publishing industry as of March 15, 2004. Article by Kurt Andersen in the "New York" magazine; Comments on Martha Stewart's memoir; Rivalry between Viacom and EchoStar.
- The Blackout Backfired. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the reactions of cable television subscribers on the decision of EchoStar Communications' Dish Network to drop Viacom's CBS O&O broadcast stations and basic-cable channels. Overview of the dispute between Viacom and EchoStar; Action taken by EchoStar CEO Charlie Ergen to pacify the...
- No clear signal for Dish. Wallenstein, Andrew; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/9/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 47, p1
Negotiating down to the wire, Viacom Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. remained locked in a stalemate as the final hours ticked away on a restraining order preventing Viacom from pulling CBS Inc. and its cable networks from EchoStar's Dish Network satellite television service. EchoStar...
- Net With Universal Appeal? Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the negotiation between Universal Music Group and EchoStar Communications Corp. about launching a cable network. Artists to be featured; Programmers and music companies that have threatened to launch music-video cable networks to compete with Viacom Incorporated's gallery of...
- Court: Viacom can't pull stations from EchoStar. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/20/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the decision of the court to grant temporary restraining order preventing Viacom Inc. from pulling its CBS station signals in markets covered by EchoStar Communications Corp. in the U.S. Reason of Viacom in pulling its CBS retransmission; Response of EchoStar to the ruling; Estimates...