Cablevision Gets NBC Fare
- NBC rekindles 'Passions'. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/30/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 31, p41
The article reports that television network NBC has renewed the daytime drama "Passions," produced by NBC Universal Television Studio, for an eighth season. "Passions," which debuted in 1999, blends traditional daytime serial potboiler fare with lighter fantasy elements, including a 300-year-old...
- Carriage:. // CableFAX Daily;9/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 172, p2
This article states that NBCU has sold the broadcast syndication rights for USA's "Monk" to TV stations covering more than 80% of the U.S. TV stations ownedby NBC, ABC, and CBS and others may start weekend runs of the show in late 2008.
- Noah, NBC Uni in overall deal. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/9/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 16, p4
This article reports that "The West Wing" executive producer Peter Noah has inked an overall deal with NBC Universal TV Studio. Under the one-year pact, which has an option for a second, Noah will develop series projects for the studio. NBC Universal TV Studio president Angela Bromstad first...
- NBC U gets 'Lights' guy. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;8/3/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the deal entered by Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey, with National Broadcasting Co. Inc. Universal Television Studio for the production of a series of projects for the studio. The duo have tapped for Peacock drama executive Justin Levy to lead the development as vice president...
- Bromstad's Hit Parade. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;1/22/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p32
The article presents a profile of NBC Universal Television Studios president Angela Bromstad. Her company is enjoying success with television programs such as "House," "Heroes," and Sci Fi's remake of "Battlestar Galactica." After working for Telepictures Productions in the 80's, Bromstad moved...
- On the Air. Flint, Joe // Entertainment Weekly;04/02/99, Issue 479, p74
Offers information on television-related issues in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. Deal between NBC and Barry Diller's USA Networks; Implication of the deal; Revival of several television programs.
- EchoStar plays Tennis. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/1/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on the deal between Tennis Channel and EchoStar Communications Corp. for the appearance of the network in the top 180 tier of the provider in the U.S. Its programming focuses on coverage of tennis tournaments. Its other offerings focus on lifestyle. According yo Ken Solomon...
- Net Gets Its AARP Card. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p22
The article reports on the deal between cable television network Retirement Living TV with AARP. The production and distribution deal will also include development of original content for the network. According to the agreement, the network will develop several new original series from the...
- Discovery, NBC End Kids-Show Pact. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the decision of Discovery and NBC networks to end their four-year agreement for the television show "Discovery Kids on NBC." Remarks from the spokesperson for Discovery.