Cablevision Systems Corp.: A History of Usual and Unusual Events
- CABLEVISION THROUGH THE DECADES. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p42
The article details the development of cable television in the United States from 1965 to June 2007. Charles Dolan acquires the franchise rights to wire lower Manhattan from cable television, creating Sterling Manhattan Cable in 1965. Cablevision launches its Interactive Optimum digital-cable...
- OPS BLAME NETS, SEEK TIER HELP. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan has recommended an overhaul of cable law to reduce the power of broadcasters that own cable networks in the United States. Although Cox Communications Inc. president and chief executive officer James Robbins resisted...
- Cablevision's Three Faces. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p1
The article profiles the Bethpage, New York-based cable television company, Cable Systems Corp. The author claims that it may be perceived that Cablevision is actually two companies, one, the finetuned cable-systems operation that has outperformed the rest of the industry in the U.S. and the...
- Cablevision selects Harmonic's NSG. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the selection of the Harmonic Narrowcast Services Gateway (NSG) 8100 to support the video-on-demand (VOD) product from Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Schedule of the launching of the product; Advancement of the integration of VOD and NSG to the cable system operation; Features...
- Cablevision plans 5 percent price hike. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p9A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s decision to increase its cable television prices in 2003 in New York State. Higher programming costs; Increased investment in customer service; Changes in channel lineups.
- Cablevision hopes its local programming hooks viewers. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p9
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. is inserting programming onto its MuchMusic USA music video channel for customers in Cleveland, Ohio. Background information on the company; Program description; Local break-ins on national cable networks.
- Cablevision has lion's share of Westchester's cable market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p2
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has the largest share of Westchester County, New York's cable market. Acquisition of TCI Cable of Westchester and nine other local systems; Announcement of unchanged cable rates; Schedule of pending programming changes; Consolidation of TCI customer list...
- Cablevision launches regional line up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/10/98, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p13A
Announces Cablevision Systems' launching of a package of cable programs produced in Long Island, New York by Rainbow Media Holding Inc. last August 5, 1998.
- Cable TV tries to meet satellite competition with interactive service. Savitt, Roger // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the satellite competitiveness of cable television for interactive services in the U.S. Concept of Interactive Optimum (iO) introduced by Cablevision; Automation of home Internet access via cable television; Range of iO digital cable services.