GSN's Latest Cause Has a Way With Words
- Equipment for education. // Science Teacher;Nov97, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p77
Reports on the C-SPAN's Equipment-for-Education Grant Contest. Participants in the contest; Details on the prizes; Significance of the contest; Deadline date of the contest; Contact information on the contest.
- Whiff of Team Spirit. // Business Today;11/4/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p218
The article offers information on the 2007 annual Acumen competition which will be held in India on October 26-27, November 3-4, and November 30-December 1. Accordingly, the said competition is expected to be set in the cities of Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata. Information about the details of...
- Nets use fall `sweeps' to build brands. Hogan // Multichannel News;11/8/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p12
Reports on cable networks' use of sweepstakes to help drive viewership and reinforce their brand positioning. Cartoon Network's teamup with toymaker Hasbro Inc. to sponsor the 1999 `Toy Dump' sweepstakes; Music Television's launch of a contest for a chance to win free trips and concert tickets;...
- Defining the look of Africa. Santoro, Lara // Christian Science Monitor;10/9/97, Vol. 89 Issue 221, p1
Comments on the search for the Face of Africa, sponsored by M-Net, Africa's largest satellite provider. What the winner will receive; Debate about whether the contest is a form of cultural appreciation or cultural imperialism; Where the women participating in the contest are from.
- Dish Sponsors Toon Tour. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p30
Reports the promotional campaign to discover the most animated kid by Dish Network of Toon. Echostar Communications Corp. in the U.S. Features of the tour; Sponsor of the campaign; Prizes for the campaign.
- Found art. // Advertising Age;7/21/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 29, p38
Presents a photograph of the custom Volkswagen Bug painted by artist Rafael Cazares for a prize in an MTV Latin America contest.
- CNN's election '96: Start a Party Contest. // Curriculum Administrator;Sep96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
Presents information on an educational contest organized by the Cable News Network (CNN) for the 1996 United States elections. Name of the contest; How students can participate in the contest; Age of students targeted by the contest.
- Cartoon Network to concoct Dexter's lab in winner's room. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;5/11/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p40
Reports on a promotional campaign created by the Cartoon Network and the Discovery Zone. How viewers can win prizes during the show `Dexter's Laboratory'; Details of the grand prize; Details of the accompanying tour.
- ESPN Kicks Off HD NFL Sweeps. // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p17
The article reports that ESPN has launched a sweepstakes tied to its "Sunday Night Football" telecasts in the U.S. The purpose of the sweepstakes is cited. Details about the game are provided. The cable systems which signed up for the program are also enumerated.