4Q, RAINBOW GOOD FOR CABLEVISION
- The B&C. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p12
Provides statistics related to the financial performance of broadcasting and cable companies in the U.S. from January 14-20, 2005. Price of shares by Cablevision Systems Corp. for the week; Decline in the shares price of Charter Communications Inc.
- Dolans reselling value proposition. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/1/2008, Vol. 405 Issue 47, p10
The article focuses on the financial performance of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the second quarter of 2008. Shares of the company soared 14% on July 31, 2008. After the company's reporting of the solid results for the quarter, its chief executive officer James Dolan said that management wants...
- Rainbow Media Probe Could End Soon. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p66
Deals with the mixed fourth-quarter results posted by Cablevision Systems Corp. in March 2004 as independent investigation of accounting practices at its Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. division nears completion. Revenue growth and loss posted by Cablevision; Decline in the company's share price;...
- WHAT'S A RAINBOW WORTH? Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);8/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the move of Cablevision Systems to reintegrate its Rainbow Media Group tracking stock. Cable television networks under Rainbow; Price of the stock.
- Cablevision shares jump on talk of acquisition. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/17/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 11, p12
Reports on an increase in the stock price of U.S.-based cable operator Cablevision Systems Corp. Possible acquisition of the company by other media firms led to the increase; Closing price of the stock at U.S. stock exchanges; Reaction of analysts regarding acquisition of the company.
- Cablevision Board Backs Dolan's $3B Payout Plan. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p39
Reports on the recommendation of Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan for the board of directors to issue a dividend to shareholders in the U.S. Requirements needed for issuing the dividend; Average value of divided per share for each shareholder; Views of Oppenheimer & Co. cable...
- Analyst: 4Q Looks The Same. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p40
The article presents the forecast of Collins Stewart LLC media analyst Tom Eagan on the fourth quarter performance of American cable operators. Accordingly, Eagan stresses that operators and investors should anticipate the continuation of the previous economic trends as well as the third quarter...
- CW75 stock performance. // Chemical Week;7/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 23, p66
The article presents an update on the stock performance of the so-called CW75, chemical companies in the U.S., monitored by this publication. Huntsman's stock increased on July 5, 2007 following news that Apollo Management's Hexion Specialty Chemicals offered to buy the company for $27.25 per...
- Cable Stocks Just Can't Win for Losing. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p33
The article presents information on the financial performance and stock prices of several cable television operators in the U.S. as of January 9, 2006. Leading the list of stock decliners was Charter Communications Inc., which saw its stock dropped 45.3% ($1.01 per share) between January 3, 2005...