USA Surges in Third Quarter
- CBS Posting Strong Growth. Consoli, John; Larson, Megan; Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;05/14/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p8
Reports the ratings of several television (TV) networks in the United States as of May 9, 2001, with emphasis on CBS as the leading network according to Nielsen Media Research. Main contenders in household ratings; Programs of CBS that contributed to its ratings; Growth of Cartoon Network...
- Midseason Wisdom. Adalian, Josef; Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The article reveals that new television shows struggle in the 2009 ratings trends. A&E's "The Beast" opened with lower-than-expected numbers, and TNT's heavily promoted premiere of "Trust Me" held onto just 40% of its lead-in from "The Closer." On the other hand, established successes on both...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p2
Presents updates on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Household rating of SportsNet NY for its baseball telecast in May 2006; Increase in the overall ratings of the second round of the National Basketball Association playoff coverage of TNT in 2006.
- GLOBO CABO: MUCHO SUBS. // Variety;06/26/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 6, p56
Reports on the acquisition of NET Sul regional television operator by cable television network Globo Cabo in Brazil. Status of the network in the cable television industry; Details of the purchase; Brief information on the network.
- Telemundo turns up the heat. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 39, p42
Assesses the television rating of hispanic station , Telemundo in the U.S. Acquisition of Telemundo by NBC; Performance of Telemundo on newscast viewership; Speculation on the entry of NBC in the Hispanic television industry.
- Cable's young love. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2001, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the broadcasting success of The National Network (TNN), The Hallmark Channel and Cable News Network's Heal Line News in the United States. Percentage of viwers' rating in TNN 'World Wrestling Federation' wrestling and 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' among adults; Increase of viewers...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.
- TNT Scores Once Again From Downtown in Q2. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) in June 2003. Role of National Basketball Association playoffs in the dominance of the network; Other top-rated cable programs of TNT; Ratings of other television networks.
- Cable programmers reap high July ratings. // Adweek Western Edition;8/14/95, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p12
Reports on the ratings gained by broadcast networks in the United States for the first three weeks of July 1995. Nick at Nite; Lifetime; USA Network.